Big problems- Stereo install. Help... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Big problems- Stereo install. Help... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Its really as simple as it sounds. Your cables contacts are either gold or silver, right. The parts of the ...

Its really as simple as it sounds. Your cables contacts are either gold or silver, right. The parts of the cable that actually plug into the amp. The parts that slide on tightly. What kind of rca cables are you using?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I ran RCAs outside the car this weekend. Problem stayed the same no matter what. SO I installed a better set of converters to go from line out to RCA. And this did not help. So I used the adjustments on the converters and turned them down. When I got to a ceartain level the whine went away. So I figured problem solved. However I went to play the stero and came to find out that with a lower setpoint on the converter you get more lower sounds.

I was getting all these bass sounds coming from my speakers when playing music even though I had the amp switched to high pass. So if I turn up the level on the line out converters I get better sound but I get noise. Where I turn it down I get poor sound but no noise. Son't knwo what to do.

Also another strange thing is this. The converter came with a 5th terminal for ground. Directions said not to hook it up unless it was nessassary for the amp to work. Well it is not nessassary but I tried it to see what it would do. When I hooked it up I immediatly got noise. However I found that the noise now stayed the same no matter how low or hihg I turned the converter up or down.

Do you think it is still just a poor ground? I am so confused about this. Need more help.

Guys I need help.

sorry bro......ran out of recommendations
    its either time to:

a. rip it all out and start again.

b. spend the money and take it to a shop.

that is my final recommendations I can give you. Sorry cannot be of further help.
    "Failure is only an option for those who try".

anybody else got anything for me?

Aftermarket HU? 'Bout all that's left....

Anybody else got any other suggestions?

probably not what you want to hear, but I agree with Jasno, time to get a new head unit with the rca outs on the back

I hear you. I just want to make sure that the amp is nto the problem before I buy a new head unit.

don't think its the amp... I tried 2 different amps when using the stock HU and had the same problem with both... I did just use the high inputs without the converters and the sound was horrible (and I was only trying to power a couple of subs). With a new head unit and the rca's it works great.

Well then I do differ from you cause I used the converters. My problem exists in the converters the apm or some part of the wiring.

our setup was practically the same. I ran the speaker wires from the stock HU directly to the high inputs (speaker inputs) on the amp (the converters are basically inside the amp). I thought it was the amp at first so I went out and got another one... still had the same problem. After I installed a new HU with the rca's directly out eh back to the amp, the problem was gone. It almost seems your better off getting a new head unit rather than wasting your time and getting aggravated trying to get your setup to work, I spent quite a bit of time (and frustration) on mine and after all was said and done wish I had just swapped the head unit right off the bat (plus you can sell the stock HU for a decent chunk of change, the wire adapter for the back of the head unit can be bought from scosche for like 15 bucks...if I remember right and wired into any other car with a double din opening).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12