Oil Pressure Guage Adapter, Please Help!

This is a discussion on Oil Pressure Guage Adapter, Please Help! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, So I have an Autometer Oil Pressure gauge. The plug that you take out (where you want to intall ...

Oil Pressure Guage Adapter, Please Help!

Ok, So I have an Autometer Oil Pressure gauge. The plug that you take out (where you want to intall the the correct adapter) seems to have a non standard thread pattern. It is not 3/8" NPT or 1/2" NPT....I will post some pictures and then ask a question.....

First pic is on the plug still screwed down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1nutlookingfor.jpg  
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here is just the plug.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5picofnutandwasher.jpg  
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

And here is the pic with the adapter I need. What kind of bushing is that???? It is 1/4" NPT on the female, I know that because that is what the sender is, but what is the male end (the end that is the same as the stock plug??? Do I have to tap the stock plug??

The adapter has the red box around it. This picture is from scoobymods, so I know the adapter exists, I just need to know what size it is, and where to get it. I can not get it at the hardware store or at the autoparts store.

Thanks...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6picofiolsenderandadapter1 copy.jpg  
    Last edited by NJwrbT-WRX; 04-08-2003 at 07:49 AM.
    '02 WRB Sedan

It's a British Thread

Sorry, don't recall the size, but it is some goofy (to me) British(?) thread, according to some postings on the old i-club. Try a search on nabisco for oil sender bushing. They listed the part number from Subaru. I will check tonight when i get home. I believe I saved the info on my hard drive.

Curtis

Ok, so I think I have figured it out. The stock plug is BSPT, either 1/2" or 3/8", and the sender is 1/4" NPT. I just need to know exactly what that plug is so I can order the correct adapter from McMaster Carr.

Thanks to whoever knows.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

I just did an oil pressure sender install (and other gauges with Pace's help, THANKS PACE!!) this weekend. The adapter is a Subaru part, PN 11024AA210. See http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ressure+sender for details. It has an 1/8" NPT (National Pipe Thread) female thread. I know you said your sender is 1/4". But, are you aware that an 1/8" pipe thread is actually about 1/4" diameter? The 1/8" refers to the ID of standard pipe, not the thread size. If your sender has the same thread size as the one in the picture, it is 1/8" and the Subaru part should work.

The sender I had would not fit and I had to tap the adapter out further (NPT's are tapered and the two parts weren't a match stock). Only took my dealer one day to get the part. Good luck.

Leo
    "Stupid should hurt."

Thanks, I got everything sorted out.

I did mean 1/8" and not 1/4, I had looked at so many adapters and bushings that I was starting to confuse myself. It turns out that the Subaru part has m18 x 1.5 male and 1/8" bspt female, and I ordered the Autometer 1/8 bspt to 1/8 npt adapter, so it looks like I am all set to go.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

is that electrical or mechanical oil pressure?
    i have the same problem with the adapter
    thanks