Ahhhh! My seat is unraveling!

This is a discussion on Ahhhh! My seat is unraveling! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Right where my left hip-bone would ride. About 3 inches above the "seat" and an inch from the bolster, the ...

Ahhhh! My seat is unraveling!

Right where my left hip-bone would ride. About 3 inches above the "seat" and an inch from the bolster, the balck threads are shredded. Looks like someone glued hair to the seat right there, and only 9k miles on the car. I wear my pistol on the other side, and my knives(leftie shooter, crossdraw). So I know its not something I've been wearing thats rubbing it, its just wearing in that spot worse(could be that its right where there would be some movement for clutching...). I'm gonna head over to the dealership RIGHT NOW, see what they have to say about this.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, took it by, and the service guys get off a 1 pm on saturdays

The main sales guy said that it looks like something that the warranty will cover, so I guess I'll take it back by next week. ack to detailing for now.....
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

oh you mean they didnt say your stromung dp caused your seat to unravel? wow

the faster acceleration with a new dp could have caused the extra motion therefore making the stock seat upholstery not covered by warranty because it shouldn't be exposed to those conditions...its all making sense now
    lambosv21

yeah, my seat's doin the same thing in one spot on the left side... I think its from when I wear pants with buttons on the a$$. If warranty replaces yours I'd be impressed. Mine said its was "normal wear" and not covered...

I've heard numerous people having this problem on the web... and most get it replaced by the dealer. I would think a 22,000 car shouldn't have seat wear problems within the first months of ownership.
    03 WRB WRX

Took it by again Saturday, service manager looked at it, asked me if I bought it there(I did), and he ordered a new cover right then. Easy as that, he did however do a double take on my Stromung exhaust, and smiled at me.