Rattling door speaker.

This is a discussion on Rattling door speaker. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Lately I have noticed that my right front door speaker is rattling. I am very easy on my radio. Never ...

Unhappy Rattling door speaker.

Lately I have noticed that my right front door speaker is rattling. I am very easy on my radio. Never play it over number 6 on the volume, and my Bass and Treb are both at 3. It seems that the rattle happens after I go over a speed bump or take a turn fast.

Any ideas? How difficult is it to get this fixed?

BTW, I am total newbie when it comes to anything about car radios/speakers. Big time dumb in this area (and other areas too!).
    03 Evo 8
    02 WRX
    00 Civic SI
    89 5.0LX

And I don't do searches!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Rattling door speaker.

Originally posted by Lightsped
    Lately I have noticed that my right front door speaker is rattling. I am very easy on my radio. Never play it over number 6 on the volume, and my Bass and Treb are both at 3. It seems that the rattle happens after I go over a speed bump or take a turn fast.

Any ideas? How difficult is it to get this fixed?

BTW, I am total newbie when it comes to anything about car radios/speakers. Big time dumb in this area (and other areas too!).
    You can have the door panel off in about 5 minutes. There's instructions on the board, just search. Very easy. If you aren't comfortable with it take it to the dealership and make them do the work. Might be a wait though.

i got the same rattle, just not yet bothered to try to fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Mine just started that last week.

I had the same problem shortly after taking mine off the lot. Opened the door panel and found a plastic covering that my speakers would actuall vibrate off of. The cover is there to protect from outside damage...but is easily removed if this is the same rattle you are hearing.

BTW, I stay between 10-20 on my volume level.

Originally posted by apodWRX

BTW, I stay between 10-20 on my volume level.
    geezus music i hardly go up to 10, my cell phone thingy i normally have to turn up to 13 or so. I didnt even know it had level 20
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

hmm...maybe I am losing my hearing !!!

I still have the stock 6 disc...stock speakers (not upgraded)...stereo system. Maybe something I should check into? Not my hearing...the stereo? Maybe something wrong and I shouldn't have to turn it up much more than 10?

Actually, last night I removed my door panel to check on my rattling noise. After the pannel was removed I accidentally realized that a small book had somehow found itself on top of my under seat sub. I removed the book and the rattle was gone. Put the door back together, and double checked the rattle. It is still gone. It was that book laying on top of the sub that was making the rattling noise.

Check your subs.
    03 Evo 8
    02 WRX
    00 Civic SI
    89 5.0LX

And I don't do searches!