more oil pressure gauge problems...

This is a discussion on more oil pressure gauge problems... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well, i got it all installed and i fixed my previous problem with the hose not be long enough and ...

more oil pressure gauge problems...

well, i got it all installed and i fixed my previous problem with the hose not be long enough and what not. but now there is another problem....
    i started the WRX and the gauge came on and went directly to 75-80 psi.... the light works on the gauge, so the ground works also. i then removed the wire that went to the sensor and started the WRX again... this time the needle didnt move, so its not the connections.
    what do you all think it could be? do you think i messed up the sensor when i installed it?
    thanks
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Please tell us what you think is wrong. I'm not sure I understand, but i may be ablr to help.

X

are they mechanical or electric?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

thanks for the offered helps, fellas... but i figured it out and now its working just fine. once again, thanks to all of you who chimed in and helped me out.
    thanks
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Perhaps, for the sake of information, you should tell everyone what the problem was and how you solved it....
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Plug the wire that you removed from the sensor back in! I dont understand why you took it out. It was reading where it should before you took out the wire.
    Alex

Originally posted by afpdl
    Plug the wire that you removed from the sensor back in! I dont understand why you took it out. It was reading where it should before you took out the wire.
    that is what i did to solve the problem... i just didnt realize that it went to about 75-90 psi when the car is turned on...
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

yeah it will be near 8bar untill the car warms up. after you drive around for a while it will idel around 25-30psi I think(mine measures in bar and I dont feel like converting so thats my best guess)
    Alex