opinions of xm
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on opinions of xm within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys, my mom just got xm installed in her minivan...yes in her minivan, and yes my mom...i screwed around ...

opinions of xm

hey guys,
    my mom just got xm installed in her minivan...yes in her minivan, and yes my mom...i screwed around with it and i think its pretty cool, however i dont know if its worth the 10 bucks a month fee....what do yall think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: opinions of xm

Originally posted by aaronwillen
    hey guys,
    my mom just got xm installed in her minivan...yes in her minivan, and yes my mom...i screwed around with it and i think its pretty cool, however i dont know if its worth the 10 bucks a month fee....what do yall think?
    I love my Ipod, you can even install it into the car, but it might be alittle difficult.

Re: opinions of xm

Originally posted by aaronwillen
    hey guys,
    we have a similar system at the restuarant of satelite radio. its nice, but not something id buy, i got good local stations, and real radio cant be beat
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I couldn't justify spending money on radio, especially when my music is soo much better than anything on the radio

I like the fact that you can get the same station just about anywhere you go so no need trying to find stuff. Plus you don't have to worry about it going in and out while you drive. Plus I like all the different channel options, a lot more variety then normal radio. Im thinking once I get a job I might get a deck with xm, 10 bucks a month aint much. Oh and if you are an audio guy the sound quality is much much better. I don't even listen to normal radio anymore, but this is something I would consider.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

It would be nice to have- they make a unit that you can use in the house and then bring it with you in the car- mounts on the dash and broadcasts to the stock stereo much like those hands free car phone thingys. I'd consider that- but I really don't like having to pay a monthly fee.

Has anyone tried the unit that can be moved from home to vehicle. Sound range ok. It seems to me you lose the digital advantage of high freq. response when you convert to analog and broadcast to your F.M. radio but I may be waaaaay off.
    03 WRX Wagon
    03 Mustang GT vert

ATA
    I've got it and I think it is great, the sound quality is just like CD and you have an unlimited selection of music, comedy, sports, news, weather...etc...and what is $10/month anyways. Great addition to my car IMHO.
    - Adam -

the best 10 bucks I spend a month

Originally posted by iv30
    the best 10 bucks I spend a month
    i agree. i bought mine in november and til this day, i have not listen to the regular radio. there are sometimes commercial but they're only about 5 seconds in length. plus the variety of music is great. totally recommended.

here's mine:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xm radio.jpg  

here's what my antenna looks like. small and compact compare to the others.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xm antenna.jpg  

my mom has the unit u can move inside to this seperate stereo, its great!! im trying to remember who makes it...its silver and has a reddish illuminated face, thats the one i would get, and i could just put the antenna where a euro antenna would go and i think it would look alright. by summer when i get it they may even have smaller antennas.

i think the only unit that can be moved from car to house would be the Sony unit. i, however could be wrong. but the last time i checked Sony was the only one.

Originally posted by ATA
    I've got it and I think it is great, the sound quality is just like CD and you have an unlimited selection of music, comedy, sports, news, weather...etc...and what is $10/month anyways. Great addition to my car IMHO.
    I didn't know you could get comedy stations- that'd be great for me- I'm always listening to standup in the car- I think that'll have to be one of my next "mods".

im with jedi, what do they play on the comedy stations, is it skits, or stand up, or somethin else?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.