gauge cluster cleaning tips?

This is a discussion on gauge cluster cleaning tips? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; From experience i know that the clear cluster panel is very susceptible to tiny scartches. Even a simple wipe to ...

gauge cluster cleaning tips?

From experience i know that the clear cluster panel is very susceptible to tiny scartches. Even a simple wipe to clear the little dust particles can embed scratches on it.

Anyone know any good tips for a scratch free cluster cleaning? Or atleast mimize the amount of "clear cluster panel swirl marks?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was wondering if you could order the clear cover from subaru? Mine was scratched during my indiglo gauge install, and it really annoys me...

Sorry I'm no help Howard.

Re: gauge cluster cleaning tips?

Originally posted by Howard
    From experience i know that the clear cluster panel is very susceptible to tiny scartches. Even a simple wipe to clear the little dust particles can embed scratches on it.

Anyone know any good tips for a scratch free cluster cleaning? Or atleast mimize the amount of "clear cluster panel swirl marks?"
    Yep, a nice Viper microfiber glass cleaning cloth, and possibly some Plexus once a year or so, an ammonia free window cleaner once/month. I just use water and a Viper cloth though, once a week.

Just be gentle on it no matter what you use- and if you have a minor scratch, get some clear plastic polish.