Autometer's A-pillar replacements are available - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Autometer's A-pillar replacements are available within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by BamBooI I'd rather have the instrument cluster bezel. Me too (I'm a *****)...

Originally posted by BamBooI
    I'd rather have the instrument cluster bezel.
    Me too(I'm a *****)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by phast
    MSPT has the pods in stock with some pictures on the website. Maybe they can set up a group buy if someone would like to check with them.
    supposed to be www.mspt.NET i think Anyhoo, here's a pic...

or the ordering info...

http://www.mspt.net/item.html?PRID=1166564
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for fixing muh screw-up!

dot Net, dot COM.. it's all the same
    -jay
    i drive a jeep n stuff.

More info and pics!

http://www.richard.chu.com

then go to Info...then WRX and Modifications... look at his A Pillar. Looks SWEET.

for a sample pic...

~V
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yo

You're very good at reading a website address ... . Have I met you before in person?

I Support ClubWRX
    Does anyone know where I can find the directions to install the a pillar? i looked all over but I couldn't find it. Also, I was sooo damn stupid today I accidently dropped my Autometer boost gauge so Berto and I couldn't do the install today i will keep you guys posted if I ever get the gauges and hte pillar in.

Well ...

Bascially the instruction say:

1. You'll need to drill 4x ( maybe 6x if needed ) 3/16 holed on each of the four corners to attach the AutoMeter A-Pillar to the factory A-Pillar.
    2. You'll need to drill a hole in the bottom of the factory A-Pillar to run the wires and cables through if there is no space, which I did.
    3. You will NOT need the rubber bands that come w/ the AutoMeter gauges since they fit nice and tight ... just press them in .
    4. Make sure you have long enough wires and hoses since working around the A-Pillar is very tight.

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    You're very good at reading a website address ... . Have I met you before in person?
    not yet...but maybe at the Dragon in May we'll meet?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks chuglobal, but how do you take out the factory a-pillar? And do you think it is possible to tape it becuase I don't want little holes in my factory a-pillar.

Tim

hey blazin..

on i-club one of the guys mentioned using some 2 sided molding tape to tape the pillar on instead of drilling.

Here's the post I found...

ALSO, here's a tip on the autometer pod. Don't drill into the stock plastic a-pillar cover, use double sided molding tape instead (should be red and grey). That stuff is strong as sh*t. Some people use it to stick on body kit parts. Make sure to heat it a little. You don't want to drill holes into the stock a-pillar cover cause later on, you may decide to take it off and you'll have to buy a replacement. This is what happened with me on my 4runner and a-pillar cover replacements AREN'T cheap. Plus, those little plugs are near impossible to take out without ruining them.
    hope this helps..i'll probably try this when I get m A pillar setup going.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yo

The factory A-Pillar is held on by 3 clips so basically you grabthe top part and pull outwards slowly but w/ force. It comes right off. Yes you can use double sided tape a someone stated before but I didn't.

I Support ClubWRX
    oh cool, thanks guys. I'm getting a new boost gauge shipped out on tuesday so hopefully by this weekend I can have everything installed.
    Tim
    Admin

Yo

Ironically I met another IClub guy at the dealer this morning. He's 6'ft so I asked him to sit in my REX to see how the A-Pillar would look to a taller guy. He said "wow, they're in your face ( I'm 5'8 so I had the seat ALOT closer than he usually does ) ... no problem at all w/ the angles." I'm not sure if that helps?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm 6' too... i'll see how it looks this weekend, hopefully my new boost gauge and my EGT gets in by then.
    Tim
    Admin

OK finally got it all hooked up.

So the pictures that I promised about 2 pages ago are on their way. I'll have a night shot and day shot comming as well as an outside looking in from the front window picture so you can view. But anyway the tripple piller looks good, fitment was kinda grumpy going but once I got it in and lined up good it was worth it. Ignore the screws that are showing I just did'nt put the screw covers over them yet because I'm going to take the piller off again to do some rewiring work later on when I get the time. But over all I love it and cant stop stairing at it when I'm driving down the road (not a good thing). And it looks mean outside of the car as well when your looking in through the front window.

Anyway I got the tripple piller at: http://www.gaugepods.com/wrx.htm

I payed $55.00 bucks and the color matches really nice

Hope you guys like it let me know what you think

Ohh yea and the big 5" tach to the right of the wheel is going to get a green bulb in it soon so all of my gauge lights will match at night. Let me know what you think about it as well.

I'll get the pictures up Wensday

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast