Wiring Autometer Gauges?

This is a discussion on Wiring Autometer Gauges? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've searched long and hard and I think I have my answer but I just want to be sure before ...

Wiring Autometer Gauges?

I've searched long and hard and I think I have my answer but I just want to be sure before I proceed. I have an a pillar setup with boost, egt, oil pressure. To wire the lighting for these is it ok to run one consecutive wire for ground and one for power(12v). Meaning I would splice each gauge off of one wire from one 12v source.
    Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Wiring Autometer Gauges?

Should be fine, why don't you just give it a try?

yes, this is ok. i would wrap your power source around a fuse behind the dash, and run that up the a pillar to use for your power. i used the cigarette lighter fuse.

Hey this makes a lot of sense. I plan to have a similar set-up of gauges...so you'll telling me all I need is one power wire and one ground and I can branch off to each gauge from those wires?

Cool.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

I'll try to get some pictures up but it probably won't be until the weekend.

white wire

So if you can just wire the Black to a ground and the Red to a power source, where does the white wire go? I want to be able to turn the gauge lights on and off, so i need to know where it goes.
    2002 WRB WRX, factory body kit, TXS TBE, Pioneer HU, Audiobahn Subs, Blitz TT

*bump*

doing a search on wiring..wondering if anyone was able to finish this and has pics to show or a tutorial

i'm working on my wiring right now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Connect your gauge lights lead to a fuse that is switched with the lights. It won't be dimmable but its by far the easiest solution.

I pulled off the under panel for the steering column and unbolted the lower dash panel and let it hang to the ground. There is a plug on the left side of the steering column that you need to find. I used a multimeter to determine which wire was for the parking lights. Then I tapped into that wire, and connected a plug to all three wires for the 3 gauges. Then I used a crimp on O for the 3 ground wires, and connected that to a bolt on the bottom of the steering column. My autometer gauges used black wires for ground and white wires were power. I am not sure about the other wire, what color is it? If you have any more questions, PM or email me.

FYI I have the Lunar series Autometer gauges.

Brad