Need help with boost guage install.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need help with boost guage install. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I purchased an autometer boost/vaccume guage for my car. All is good except I have no idea where to install ...

Need help with boost guage install.

I purchased an autometer boost/vaccume guage for my car. All is good except I have no idea where to install the tubing. I do not know where I need to tie into.

Does anybody have directions for this install with pictures or anything like that? What type of T-fitting do I need and where can I purchase it?

Jason_Crandall@Hotmail.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You tee into the line going to the BOV.

For the fitting, buy one 1/8" tee block, (2) 1/8" push on barbed fittings, and one 1/8" compression fitting. I don't have any pics so I hope you understand.

Later,

Dale

Sorry for the huge pic.

That is mt connection for an Autometer vaccum/boost gauge. The parts that Baluch said sounded right.

Good Luck
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

You don't need to buy the 1/8 compression fitting, it should have come with the Autometer gauge. I would buy a couple of extra 1/8 compression ferrules since they are small and easy to drop or mess up. I got some extras at Autozone. Be careful how you route the tubing (it is 6ft long) because I ended up about 2 inches too short when I was mounting the gauge in my Defi pod. Had to disconnect and reroute to get the extra inches that I needed.

Dale

thats why you install the guages in the car and THEN run them into the engine bay

I can't help it if I'm overly eager. I had the gauge and was going to install an MBC but I still didn't have the pod, or even know which pod I wanted. For the first two weeks after I installed the gauge, I just had it fed into the back of the glove box with the gauge in there loose. Whenever I wanted to use it I had to open the glovebox and prop it up in the corner. Not exactly a very elegant install.

Also, don't bend the gauge vac line through any sharp angles. Mine was routed at an angle out of the T-fitting and it eventually snapped off. (That is really why I needed the extra compression ferrules )

Dale

If you do not want to use the hard plastic line for the boost guage...convert the fitting on the back of the guage to a nipple so you can run a rubber vacuum line instead. It gives you alot more play in the line so you can route it which ever way that you want without falling short and you don't have to use the big brick t-fitting.
    Team RIGD Leader.
    Representing and doing homework on Team member's WRX. Now that's team commitment!

Are you sure flexible line is good for pressure/vac guages? I would think the elasticity of the walls of the tubing would give less accurate results. If it works well it would be a lot easier to get and work with (except the rigid PE stuff is easier to poke through the firewall )

Dale

Originally posted by iceNine
    Are you sure flexible line is good for pressure/vac guages? I would think the elasticity of the walls of the tubing would give less accurate results. If it works well it would be a lot easier to get and work with (except the rigid PE stuff is easier to poke through the firewall )

Dale
    I've been using rubber line on my autometer boost guage for about 3 years now(in my GSX) without any problems. It's as accurate as accurate gets.
    Team RIGD Leader.
    Representing and doing homework on Team member's WRX. Now that's team commitment!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.