Problems with rearview mirror falling down?

This is a discussion on Problems with rearview mirror falling down? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Last week I finally put a system in my car, consisting of a set of focal components on a alpine ...

Problems with rearview mirror falling down?

Last week I finally put a system in my car, consisting of a set of focal components on a alpine v12 amp and a JL 12w3v2 on a JL 250/1. It sounds great, but after about 3 or 4 days I have noticed when I have it cranked up my rearview mirror will slowly start to angle more and more down. I had to adjust it 4 or 5 times on my 20 min ride home from work yesterday, and I was just listening to Fuel's Something Like Human cd. I know I don't have that much bass, to be causing problems like this. Basically want I want to know is, Has anybody else experienced this prob?
    03 WRB sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, I have the same problem. You just have to deal with it or get another mirror that is stiffer. Mine also rattles alittle.

If you have it that loud, the mirror is the least of your worries- I SAID THE MIRROR IS THE LEAST OF YOUR WORRIES!

In my old Outback, I used to have the same problem. And Jedi...it wasn't THAT loud. The mirrors are pretty loose.

Cjacks...first thing I'd recommend before you go spending money on anything is to check the screw on the backside of the mirror. There should be something you can tighten on the articulated part of the mirror. On my Outback, it was a start shaped screw.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein