3 piece gauge in dash questions

This is a discussion on 3 piece gauge in dash questions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm really impressed with the 3 piece guage packs that go into the dash over the clock. I've seen the ...

3 piece gauge in dash questions

I'm really impressed with the 3 piece guage packs that go into the dash over the clock. I've seen the one supplied by subaru as well as I believe one by greddy as well. Are there any other manufacutures of a 3 piece that fits in the same way as well?

Also, any complaints regarding the set supplied by subaru?
    And I can't find a link to somewhere that sells the greddy one.

Finally, if you have any type of these sets (or similar) installed in your rex could you please post a link if you have it up on your page or post the picture directly in the thread?

Thanks

b. (got myself a spending spree com'n up real soon)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the Defi BF gauges: boost, egt, and oil temp. The thing I like about these gauges is the control unit. All the sensors plug into a controller and then all the gauges run off one cable in a daisy chain. Also, they look black when off. The only draw back is they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. Heres a link to Defi's site, under the Defi-link system.

I got them from Godspeed. They also have the Greddy gauges that you're asking about.

I would definetly not get the subaru gauge package. They are way over priced and you don't really get that much. You can get far better gauges in the aftermarket.

Pic is of my Defi gauges when they are off. The flash lit them up pretty good:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails adr_0015 (small).jpg  
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

hey hot dog..can u post a picture of those in the dark with the interior lights on..

In the dark, with lights on (I have the brightness turned all the way down):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pdr_0019 (small).jpg  

The control unit. I mounted it in the glove box because I wanted it to be out of the way. In the future, I may put it where the cup holder is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pdr_0013 (small).jpg  

I agree, the subaru gauge pack is weak and expensive. Why would you want an voltmeter over say an EGT? I think they run like ~$700 or something...you can easily get a high end (the best looking and most featured) for near that much. Features such as peak hold and warning light and even replay...I say stay away from the subaru option unless they throw it in for 75% off or free.

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

Comments on reply (s)

Thank you Hot Dog and Quicksilver

Hot Dog: Thanks for posting those pics. I have to admit though, the guage mounts just aren't for me, they are to big and to flashy. I'm looking for something more subtle. Had trouble finding the 3 piece greddy pack on the godspeed site. Now with your guage set, were you able to choose what guages you wanted in your 3 piece mount? Will any other brands allow you to do this?

Quicksilver: I can get the subaru guage pack/with install for about 370$ U.S. That is why I brought it up. Could you explain for me what an EGT is? As for the Voltmeter, I kind-of do want that as I'm running a 600 watt amp for my system, and it's good to have at drive-in or other places when chill'n with the car off blasting the tunes. You said the guage pack was 'weak'. Are the actual guages ****ty quality?, or have slow response? Personally, because I don't drive my car to hard (not in rally cross etc..) I don't think I need a guage for oil temp. (comments on this?)

b.

~$370 sound ok for the factory set-up if they installed it for you. I don't have them so i don't know about thier accuracy, but I haven't read any threads indicator that it is poor.

If you're chillin listening to tunes, then I guess something to track your battery is good.

I'm w/ you, I personally don't like real fancy looking gauges...mainly because the interior of the car isn't "like" that. Vdo's are very subtle and accurate and cheap...if you want to look up some aftermarket equivalents. Same for Autometer.

EGT is exhuast gas temp, which is a good indicator of engine health. If it's too hot, as some turbo cars will get, then that usually mean the fuel air mix is lean, which may lead to knock. If you're leaving the engine stock...then no worries.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

Here's my factory set up...

Got it with the car... dealer threw it in for $200 to "seal the deal."

I really like how clean it is.

If you wnated to you could swap out any or all of the gauges.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gauges.jpg  

Re: Comments on reply (s)

Originally posted by Gnu151
    Had trouble finding the 3 piece greddy pack on the godspeed site. Now with your guage set, were you able to choose what guages you wanted in your 3 piece mount? Will any other brands allow you to do this?
    Go to this link and scroll about half way down the page. There is three gauge packages. You can put any gauges you want into the gauge package (but some gauges might be more expensive).

I got the 60mm gauges because I find 52mm gauges are hard to see (I'm sorta blind). I'm not too concerned with them being flashy...I bought them for what they offer (peak hold, warning, and 3 minute record). But if you want lower profile gauges, I would see if you can just get the subaru pod, and then fill it with your own gauges. Then you can get exactly what you're looking for, better quality, and a better price.

factory lights

hey VA Beach WRX

Do the factory guages light up to match the main console gauges? Are they nice and bright at night, adjustable with the main ones?

b.

VA could you post a pic of your gauges at night? I've been askin around and no one has been able to do it for me. Thanks

I'll take a pic tonight and post a pic tomorrow... and yes they are adjustable for brightness along with other gauges, and color matches w/ original gauges.