Thinking About Leather - Opinions?

This is a discussion on Thinking About Leather - Opinions? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been thinking about getting some leather for my wagon. But I want something a little more luxurious, so I've ...

Thinking About Leather - Opinions?

I've been thinking about getting some leather for my wagon. But I want something a little more luxurious, so I've been contemplating getting Doeskin leather.

Here's the color.

I had a chance to drive my sister-in-laws Alfs 156 while in Portugal. It was black with this color leather inside. My car is white, but the inside is almost too dark. Do you think this would be OK even though the headliner and side pillars are grey?

Thanks
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Won't match.

Your sister-in-law has a GTA?!?!?!?! Those RULE!!! How was it? Did you get to drive it? sedan or sportwagon? stick or F1 (selespeed)?

For your car, I'd stick with a solid. You won't be able to pull it off like the Alfa.

Originally posted by Powerwagon
    Your sister-in-law has a GTA?!?!?!?! Those RULE!!! How was it? Did you get to drive it? sedan or sportwagon? stick or F1 (selespeed)?

For your car, I'd stick with a solid. You won't be able to pull it off like the Alfa.
    It wasn't the GTA model. Just the standard 156. But it was still nice to drive. Sharp cars with good handling.

Also, I just got the new SCC and they have a write up on the RX8. This particular one has the tan leather inserts with the grey pillars and roof liner. It looks great so I think I may still look into this. With leather on the seats and doors I think the look will be good. Now I just need money.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

I just installed my leather

Howdy,
    I just installed the leather package that ATD is selling. It is a Katzkin unit and is of comparable quality to the leather in my 735il and superior to that in the bride's Suburban. There are a myriad of color combinations available and James did a superb job of taking care of my order. This is very high quality leather folks.

The installation is rather straight-forward, but you should be fairly mechanically inclined if you plan to do it yourself. Start with the rears and then work forward. The drivers side was the worst due to the extra mechanical adjusters. All told, I think the whole job took about 8 hours and I really took my time.

I must strongly recommend that you install the seat heaters! Even if you are in a mild climate, there's nothing quite like the feel of seat heaters after a vigorous workout!

Lastly, I really appreciate the leather and not getting zapped every time I exit the car. I'm in a dry climate so the static generated from the cloth interior was a real irritation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx-int-2.jpg  

that is gorgeous!..i would probobly get black or blue perforated leather..if you dont mind me asking, how much did your kit cost?

Originally posted by aaronwillen
    that is gorgeous!..i would probobly get black or blue perforated leather..if you dont mind me asking, how much did your kit cost?
    i think there are group buys goin on either here or nabisco...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

i would love em unfortunately i cant afford to drop 5 or 600 on leather seats..i mean i am already planning on dropping like 2k on my stage 2 with utec this summer

Expensise, but worth it

The leather was $510, the seat heaters were another $180. Not cheap, but actually an excellent value. When you consider that leather usually is about $1,200-$1,500 option, the Katzkin is a good deal, plus it's more custom in appearance. However, you get to finance the factory leather (keep in mind though that your finance cost greatly inflates the overall cost of your purchase).

I'm at a Stage 1+ at this point. Given the choice of going stage 2 or going with the leather, I'd actually opt for the leather. The fact that you are connected to the leather more than a few extra horsepower is the deciding factor.

Kudos to ATD and James Papa for providing these nice leather packages to us Wrexers.

Cheers

Allow me to add blue to the scheme of things!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx_d03.jpg  

and the rear seats...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx_d04.jpg  
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet