Is the Club any good?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Is the Club any good? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It that device, The Club, any good? What are the differences between the different models? Any suggestions? http://www.theclub.com/default.asp...

Is the Club any good?

It that device, The Club, any good? What are the differences between the different models? Any suggestions?
    http://www.theclub.com/default.asp
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The only thing I would be concern with is that generally it is not a big deal to simply cut the steering wheel (hacksaw, for instance) and just slide the Club off. There are some that cover the whole steering wheel, I believe. The latter may be a better bet.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

The have something better out that goes around the brake pedal and locks it in place. That appears to be better than the club in my opinion forget the name of it though. The club is a waste it would take about 10 seconds to cut the steering wheel and remove that thing.
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

If somebody wants my WRX, they will take it anyway and mess it all up in the process. I just need to do what I usually do. Get another rifle with night vision scope and motion detector in the car. Wake up, calm down in less than 30 seconds, aim and shoot. Then use a rag to clean the mess and eventually change the side windows or windshields. Just kidding.

No, there are some kids around here who steal rides, and drive them around all night just for fun and leave them out in the country. They always look for the easy stuff to steal and usually walk away from any car with any kind of devices mounted on them. They are not "pros" but would piss me off good if they use my car just for a free dirty ride.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

By the way, thank you guys for your opinion and ideas.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

My parents gave me The Club as a graduation present. I put it on when I go to the mall, but that's about the only time it sees any use. I also have an alarm. I think an alarm and The Club are a good combination.

-Jim

I have a Club. I think that it would take a professional thief probably 2 minutes to cut the steering wheel and take it off but I use it anyway because I have it. Maybe they will steal the next car that takes 2 minutes less to take. I also have a quick disconnect on the negative battery terminal with a fused jumper to maintain enough power to retain the accessory settings. When I go into a mall I take the knob and the car can't be started without removing the device (another 2-3 minute job).

Dale

I Support ClubWRX
    its' pretty hard to get into a WRx becuase I locked my keys in one time, it took the locksmith 50 minutes and then he gave up. My car was still on at the time and an ex-professional thief actaully helped me by pulling the window out and then pushing the automatic window down. Well, i was stupid because i pushed the "lock" button insted of hte "unlock" button when I tried to load some stuff on my car, but anyways that was when I just got the car. The security on the WRX is pretty high, i think it wouldn't hurt to have a club but don't depend on it... just make sure you don't leave your car in dark allies on streets where your car is likely to be a target.

In b/w the olsens... Nork, NuJersE (Newark, NJ)
    The brake locking device is called the "AutoLock", it's a pretty good device and my cop friends use it. My defense is getting a kill switch installed. I wonder if that could be done in a MT?? my friend has one for his bone stock 96 Accord and thugs try to steal it everytime he's goes to General Cinemas/Clifton Commons. He's had to replace his lock and ignition about 3 times. If it weren't for the kill switch he'd be left hanging.
    2002 Black WRX
    stock throughout-
    because my warranty says so.

- NJ isn't just a state, it's a state of mind.
    - Being from JersE makes us different from other people, it makes us better than YOU... [*HURHM* sound]

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Club

I have the Club, a carry-over from my Civic. I use it more now since WRXs are getting popular. Let's face it, any and EVERY enthusiast sweats the WRX so one of 'em is going to be a thief sooner or later. I truly don't want to end up using my H&K USP9 on one of their asses so I throw the Club on when I remember to do so. Also pull my Bel radar detector off the windshield and stash it. I leave no crap on the seats. All windows are tinted, yes, all, illegal in NJ, ***** the stupid tint laws. Am seriously considering the Autolock (the brake pedal thing).

For now it just the alarm and the Club. Also, park it under lights in parking lots, and close to entrance. Also, while i am at work, i'll walk out and sit in it on break - if someone is stalking, at leat they'll know there is a chance i'll come out, maybe they'll think twice.

haha screw all that $hit wherever i go i just bring a backpack and take my whole battery with me.

my car is parked near a very busy street in a well lit area, and I always club it. If im gonna keep the club in my car, Im gonna use it, as little a deterrence it is. removable steering wheel is next

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Actually, if you do the research you'll find that the club is easily defeatable (susceptible to lock picking and cutting through the steering wheel). The recommended alternative is a pedal lock, but not just any pedal lock. Go with the one called AutoLock X (the Pro version is the same but I like the nickel plating on the X). Takes only a few secs to lock. The $5000 guarantee is comforting as well.

Here's the URL if you're interested:
    http://www.autolock.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails autolock-x.jpg  
    I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?"

cnk
    There's actually a tool that can be used on both the Club and Autolock that will snap them in half in about a minute. Regardless, I have both and still use them on my car all the time. I also upgraded the alarm system to a responder system that pages me to tell me what the status of the car is. I have sensors on the doors, hood, trunk, shock sensors, and proximity sensors as well as starter kill, backup battery, and internal piezo siren. Also running 35% tint all around just to make it a bit harder to see inside.

Is that a lot. . sure, but I figure every little bit helps. The Club and Autolock are more of a visual deterrent as well as a nuisance for any would-be theives. This would hopefully at least deter the casual/opportunistic thief. For the professionals, if they want your car. . .not much you can do about it.

Calvin

Originally posted by cnk
    For the professionals, if they want your car. . .not much you can do about it.
    Yep, that's why the only reliable security tool you have is a good insurance policy.
    I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast