Is the Club any good? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Is the Club any good? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; CNK, How much did all of that run you? I am specifically interested in the responder system, I'd feel so ...

CNK,
    How much did all of that run you? I am specifically interested in the responder system, I'd feel so much better if I had one of those in my car. Last summer we had 4 cars stolen from our parking lot in one day. This year is not much better. One of the girls in my department had her car broken into. Needless to say it worries me and my cubicle isn't over by the window, where I can overlook the parking lot.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Kira
    How much did all of that run you? I am specifically interested in the responder system...
    I know a guy who has the AutoPage RS-750LCD system and he really enjoys it. I've seen some good reviews on it as well. Here were his comments:

"I have gotten the AutoPage with the LCD screen, I push the start button, and the remote lets me know if it received the signal.

Here's what sold me on this.... If you are at work/in the mall etc. and someone sets off your alarm, the remote beeps and viberates. When you look at the screen the remote tells you what is happening to your car, weither it be an impact (hammer shown) of if someone keys it, the micro-resinance resistor shows a little lightning bolt to symbolize metal on metal contact.

I have every option available on the alarm, (air pressure sensors, micro resinance resistors. micro wave sensors)."

I've seen it priced for around $190 + install.
    I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?"

cnk
    Originally posted by Kira
    CNK,
    How much did all of that run you? I am specifically interested in the responder system, I'd feel so much better if I had one of those in my car. Last summer we had 4 cars stolen from our parking lot in one day. This year is not much better. One of the girls in my department had her car broken into. Needless to say it worries me and my cubicle isn't over by the window, where I can overlook the parking lot.
    It cost me $360 total. I got a Viper 790XV (same as Clifford Matrix RS3) for $260 shipped. I then bought a backup battery, proximity sensor, magnetic switch for the hood, and a bunch of relays and diodes. I did the install myself so that I could hide all the wires and make sure that the install was done well without any shortcuts. It works up to a 1/4 mile away and will indicate on the pager what the status of the car is. It will tell me what sensor is going off, if it's a warn-away or full alert, etc. It also confirms all commands via 2-way communication and has remote start as well. I have the remote start on my 5spd and as long as you set it up correctly, it won't start if the hood is open or if the car is in gear. You can read more about it here: http://www.directed.com/security/vip..._responder.asp

Here's a pic of the remote:

Calvin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12