Radio Looses Presets!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Radio Looses Presets! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anybody had this problem? I don't know if I hit some combination of buttons by accident, but it's happened ...

Question Radio Looses Presets!

Has anybody had this problem? I don't know if I hit some combination of buttons by accident, but it's happened a few times recently. Suddenly the stock radio will loose all the presets. I'm getting tired of re-programming them.

This used to happen to a Sony pull-out HU that I had in my old car occasionally when I removed it for too long in cold weather - I think the backup battery would loose charge.

My radio lost presets today on a 50 degree day and there was no problem starting the car, so it shouldn't be a problem with the car battery.
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats wierd, the only thing I could think of is the wireharness in the back of it may have came out (not all the way) but barely touching the terminals so sometimes it loses the connection ??... Basically if it loses connection to the yellow wire (battery, not ignition), it will not remember the settings. You may want to pull it out and check... There are plenty of tutorials to pull the stereo out.. takes about 5 minutes with a philips screwdriver and some TLC.

happened to me about a week back....went to hit the cd eject button and bam.....presets all gone.....only once though
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

Originally posted by racerWRX
    happened to me about a week back....went to hit the cd eject button and bam.....presets all gone.....only once though
    I dunno maybe the headunit is just flaky.. pos.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.