turn signal noise
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on turn signal noise within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This may sound a little silly, and I understand why it is there...but the turn signal ticking really annoys me ...

turn signal noise

This may sound a little silly, and I understand why it is there...but the turn signal ticking really annoys me particularly if sitting at a junction for a while.
    The Subaru one is so harsh and intrusive compared to other cars

Any of you clever blokes know how to silence it (easily)?

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

LOL well the clicking comes from a relay... I suppose you could try to search for the relay under your dash and put dynamat around it or something =] Maybe doing a custom relay swap with another type of car... not really much I can think of man.

i dont have a problem with it... maybe bc my catback and silencer removal im decently loud that sometimes i leave it on bc i dont hear it
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

It is pretty loud for this car- I attributed it to either a heavy duty relay or a little car with less plastic, etc. to insulate against the noise.

why don't you just leave the turn signal off until you're about to turn?

The turnsignal relay flasher is bolted to the stearing column. Its kinda behind the pastic, above the OBD-II port. I guess you could unbolt it, wrap it in some foam, and then zip-tie it back up. I think because it is bolted to the stearing column, the sound resonates and makes it louder. Just a thought.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

Thanks guys - I will take a look where you say Hot_Dog

Cheers

I'm an old guy who rides down the freeway without hearing it for miles.

X

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.