help removing interior trim
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on help removing interior trim within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I cant seem to get the trim peice off that has the clock in it. I poped the 2 clips ...

help removing interior trim

I cant seem to get the trim peice off that has the clock in it. I poped the 2 clips on the sides up but there are 2 peices still holding it on in the front. They dont look like regular clips. they wont budge when I pull on the them.

how do I remove this trim peice?
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know its a simple question that has a simple answer. I just dont want to hurt my new car but the rattling is driving me nuts. IK know how to fix it but I dont know how to take this peice off. I just need someone to give a simple "pull real hard" or some other explaination of how to take this thing out.

cnk
    You need to open the cup holder and remove the 2 screws. Then take the cup holder out. Then pull gently on the other peice to the left of the cup holder. This should remove the trim around the center vents as well. Once that's out, you can look up underneath the dash and you will see the 2 clips that are holding it down. I used a flathead screwdriver and pushed the clip in while pulling. It's a major PITA, but it will eventually pop out. Take your time and be careful though as it's easy for the screwdriver to slip. . .resulting in bruised knuckles. . trust me on this.

Calvin

thank you very much, I'll give it a ty tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.