Button to raise all windows
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Button to raise all windows within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; On many luxury cars, there is a button that raises all the windows when it is pressed. Has anyone ever ...

Button to raise all windows

On many luxury cars, there is a button that raises all the windows when it is pressed. Has anyone ever tried setting this up on their car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is an alarm that has this feature on it. Once you arm the car, all the windows roll up.

What gets me is that there's an automatic down for the driver side, but there's no automatic up? What's up w/ that?

If you need an automatic down, then isn't it logical to need an automatic up?

Maybe it's a safety issue...too many idiots getting their hand/head stuck while the window is going up...another one where 95% miss out due to the bottom 5% of the common sense curve.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

Originally posted by QuickSilver
    Maybe it's a safety issue...too many idiots getting their hand/head stuck while the window is going up...another one where 95% miss out due to the bottom 5% of the common sense curve.
    Yeah, it's a safety issue. But accidents happen, regardless if someones an idiot or not. And if you have kids, that could be dangerous.

VW

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by verbal
    Yeah, it's a safety issue. But accidents happen, regardless if someones an idiot or not. And if you have kids, that could be dangerous.
    Not a safety issue, a liability issue. Car makers don't give a crap about safety unless they can market it. They just don't want to get sued.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

My old eagle vision used to have an auto up switch. It was convenient cause when you first stop the car you just punch the button and the windows go up, and then you start gathering your stuff together to get out of the car. I just thought it was cool to have. It would probably not be worth the time and effort to do. Plus since this car is a turbo, I should not be in a hurry to get out of the car anyways when I first stop.

My wife's Rav4 has auto up on the driver's side- it's a good feature. My father's Turbo S beetle has the same thing- you can stick your hand in the window as it goes up and it'll go back down if it touches your hand.

i was thinking about getting a bunch of the auto switches and doing all the buttons on the driver panel. anyone have any info on this? is the switch part of the motor? think i'll be able to fit/install all four on one panel?

i haven't even looked under there.

dR

The way its done is with either a application that is built into an alarm that supports it, or you can make your own with like a PIC or Basic STAMP board but you need the programmer and some software programming skill (plus knowledge of electronics) to get it done. There has to be some sort of timer and thats why you need electronics to do it. Say it takes 5 seconds to roll up the windows on average, you need to be able to calibrate it to that. I think you can buy timer chips at radio shack which could be a much cheaper option if you buit up a circuit with say 4 relays... one for each window and a 5 second timer... I really dont know too much abou them but I bet there would be a lot of wirespicing to get it done!

Check this out:

Timer Kit 2 - 555 Pulse A Counter
    This is the classic 555 timer circuit switching a relay after a period of time determined by resistor & capacitor connected to the 555. The 555 is used as a monostable. Pot is used to set the time. You can chage the component values & treshold trigger.
    Order Code: CPS852 (Basic Soldering-Kit) Price $10.95

That looks like it would do it. There will be a trigger on it (switch that you would use to send 12v to) to turn it on... Then you can just wire up 4 relays in parallel and spice the window switches =]

http://www.electronics123.com/amazon...ue/c3-3-11.htm

You need to soder though... And let me tell you the door panels are a *****... If you can tap it at the computer or something (not sure) do that instead but I doubt you can.

That is really helpful. Maybe if I get bored one weekend or I need to get into the door panels for another reason, I will give this a try.
    mods:
    Katzkin leather seat covers
    oh...and the hot chick in the passenger seat

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.