Removing wagon seats

This is a discussion on Removing wagon seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone know how to remove the rear seat backs on the wagon. I'm installing leather seat covers. I got the ...

Removing wagon seats

Anyone know how to remove the rear seat backs on the wagon. I'm installing leather seat covers. I got the bench done, but can't seem to get the seat backs out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool No prob

No problem. I just got my wagon finished off yesterday. Look at the rear base of the wagon seatbacks on their middle corners. There is a hinge thing attached to the floor that attaches to the seats with two bolts per seat. Remove the bolts that hold the hinge to the seat.

On the outside edge of each of the seatbacks they attach into a keyed opening. The opening is round with a little straight part sticking out that matches up with a teeny tooth on the rod that comes out of the seatback. If you lean the seatback forward and pull steadily on it as you do so it will pop up. If you shine a light on the opening you can see where the little key thing is.

Hope that helps,
    Ed

Thanks. That does help. I'll see if I can figure out the rest from here. Installing them myself is somewhat tedious, but makes me appreciate it them that much more.