coffee can speakers

This is a discussion on coffee can speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; for 25k you'd think the stereo would sound better. Anybody have experience with the factory underseat sub? does it hook ...

Unhappy coffee can speakers

for 25k you'd think the stereo would sound better. Anybody have experience with the factory underseat sub? does it hook up easy. any other speaker/stereo upgrades input apprec.!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i think the stock system sounds fine...i mean i have a 12 inch kenwood sub in the trunk...im not as big on sound as performance...so the sound system will definately be the last thing to get replaced im pretty sure unless i have a lotta cash just waiting to get spent. If you really want just go over to ur audio shop and talk to some guys over there. In my old car i was running 4 eclipse speakers, the sound was AMAZING!

Originally posted by aaronwillen
    i think the stock system sounds fine...i mean i have a 12 inch kenwood sub in the trunk...im not as big on sound as performance...so the sound system will definately be the last thing to get replaced im pretty sure unless i have a lotta cash just waiting to get spent. If you really want just go over to ur audio shop and talk to some guys over there. In my old car i was running 4 eclipse speakers, the sound was AMAZING!
    Not sure about the premium package but one thing I know, the stock package is crap. Just take out the door speaker and look at it.. Although it may sound good to you, the funny thing about the human ear is it adjusts... I bet if you put some MB Quarts (like me hehe) or the new Focals in there with a nice amp (JL 300a4) You would be amazed. Bass is nice but good loud crisp sound will make you have chills....

i dont know about you, but eclipse speakers arent that great. a little to much treble for my taste

myself i have a 4 boston rally speakers, 12" eclipse sub (excellent), MTX amp, and a eclipse 3422 head unit

im extremely happy with eclipse, they make good stuff

BTW, hooking your door speakers (stock or aftermarket) up to an amp makes an INCREDIBLE difference
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

WRX
    I've got the upgraded package. Since my car was slightly used, I think the chick that had it before cranked the bass all the way up because the speaker won't take much bass. Overall the sound system is VERY POOR. If I turn the volume past 15, it won't get any louder, and I have to turn the bass down to -3 or even -5. I've always had a nice thump from the trunk in all of my cars. But in this one, I'm hesitant to put a sound system in it because I'm more interested in going vrooooom and not boooom!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods