Factory Amplified Subwoofer Install

This is a discussion on Factory Amplified Subwoofer Install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The dealer is giving me this w/ the car but not installed (trying to save a little money). How hard ...

Question Factory Amplified Subwoofer Install

The dealer is giving me this w/ the car but not installed (trying to save a little money). How hard is it to install and does anyone have detailed instructions on how to take the dash apart, since the only maual I've found goes for $400.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I could be wrong, but I think you just plug it into a harness already located under the passenger seat- I don't think any actual wiring is necessary.

Is the amplified sub worth it, or should I just wait to get something better?

People say you could get a much better sub for cheaper, so it basically comes down to how good of a deal the dealer is giving you, and how much sub power you want. For me, the premium OEM sub is more than enough, and don't ever plan on upgrading.
    --------------------------------------
    AIM: jeffsw1981
    email: jeff_s_w@yahoo.com

2002 WRBlue WRX (Stock)
    Factory installed options:
    Short Throw Shifter
    Premium Sound System
    Turbo Boost Gauge

Thanks guys, I don't need the stereo to be competion quality so it will probably fine for a MetalHead like me. It seems to be the best solution if you want it to be out of the way. I just hope taking the dash apart isn't to big of a job. Thanks again.

Taking the dash apart is easy- PM me if you need help.
    Jim

Thanxs Dude, I should be getting the car Thursday or Friday, I'll let you know if I can do it w/out any problems.

Here are the install instructions for the factory sub (requires Acrobat reader) http://subaruparts.com/install/2002isub.pdf
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Done

Well I picked the car up thursday and installed the amplified sub today w/ only one small problem, taking the plastic trim off around the stereo (the clip on the top left would not let go and the trim flexed like it was going to break along the top). Other than that it was very easy and worth saving the money and installing it myself. Onto the spoiler install!