Seat Modification for big guys - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Seat Modification for big guys within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Trust me. This is an easy mod. It is easier if you unbolt and remove the seat from the car ...

Trust me. This is an easy mod. It is easier if you unbolt and remove the seat from the car first. You really can't f*** it up. Look under the seat and you will readily see how to remove the seat cover. The rest is a no brainer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can the bottom part of the passenger seat be swapped out for the drivers. I understand that the levers for adjusting the seat height and distance from the front can't be swapped, but could just the bottom part of the seat w/the bolsters be swapped. Or is it all welded together? If it could that would be the best way to address this, bending or cutting would be more of a last resort for me.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think this will work.

Limehatless Avatar - I'm a trend scoffer.
    Hm.

I'm 6'0" 235lbs and have no problem with my seats. In fact, I love the WRX seats, they're probably the best seats I've ever sat in. Such an excellent mix of comfort and support.

I'm still considering an '04 seat swap since the '04 seats look alot like older STi seats, and alot more like racing buckets. But I'd have to sit in them first.

Just my $0.02.

Vostok 7
    BUGEYE 4 LYFE! Or uh maybe not

RIP Team Intrinsic Viva la Project 1! http://www.prjct1.com/

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 4EAT Aspen White "Akane"
    Mod List, Picts

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Sedan Aspen White "Akane II"

No offense Vostok 7

But I don't believe the discussion is about how well you fit in the seat. This thread is too discuss a solution for those of us that do not fit in the seat as perfectly as yourself. I'm 6'-3" 240lbs. and I fit in the seat enough too warrent my buying the car, but on any long distance drive (1hour or more) it starts too become a bit uncomfortable. For those that do fit with no problems, consider yourself lucky. It will be one less thing you'll have too mod.

I tried doing this mod about 15min ago but I couldnt get the seat cover off. Is there some sort of trick? I unlatched the 3 latches in the bottom front then tried to pull the cover up but the protective plastics on the sides prevented this (i think). Do i have to remove the plastic, and if so how? are there more latches i dunno about?

HELP!!

thanks

update: got the seat covers pulled back enough to bend the bolster support rods. It feels alittle better, but yeah, cutting them off would probably be MUUCH better. I dont have any bolt cutters or cutoff type saws, how can i go about removing them??

thanks for the tip btw...

mike-

You did not get all the clips undone. If my memory serves me, there are 3 in the front and then 1 each (thicker) on each side. You do not have to do anything with the side plastic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12