Those w/ autometer boost guage (movement question inside)

This is a discussion on Those w/ autometer boost guage (movement question inside) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Curious how fast the movement is using the supplied hardware? I have seen install kits on the net that utilize ...

Those w/ autometer boost guage (movement question inside)

Curious how fast the movement is using the supplied hardware? I have seen install kits on the net that utilize bigger and softer tubing that won't kink and claim it improves the guages response. Any insight on this would be great.

Thanks,
    Eric

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have the autometer setup and i installed it with all of the pieces that came with it, like the small nylon hoses, they work just like any other's.
    people who have had problems, either didn't install them correctly or had faulty units.

my boost gauge is as fast as any other gauge out there. and just as accurate too.
    "Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m.at a speed of 35mph."

My sport comps movement is fast and fine w/ the nylon supplied.

What exactly comes with the guage if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

Eric

It came w/ enough nylon hose, things to make the nylon hose go into the boost gauge, very short wires for the light (you'll need your own). a rubber band, and a really crappy useless mounting bracket shapped like this: |_|.

And mine came w/ a green and red condom for the light. I used green to match the stock gauges and it worked well. Btw Sport comp series gauges match stock very nicely.

so I will need to supply the "T" correct?

yep, and some wires for the light
    "Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m.at a speed of 35mph."

The only real drawbacks to the provided nylon line is that it does tend to kink if not routed carefully and the compression style connectors can leak if the ends are not cut square. If the installation is done carefully, there shouldn't be any problems.
    J.B. Hebert
    www.WRXtra.com

that nylon line also breaks if its cold and you are messing around with your car...i switched to like half inch tubing or somthing.....you can just fit it over the back of the screwy thing on the boostgauge..you dont need any of that crap with the ferrule or anything. it did improve gauge response to tell you the truth...for the lights i wired up 2 blue leds in parallel with a resistor...looks hot

I used some pipe dope (no, you cant smoke it) on the compresson nut/ferrule. Worked like a charm (initially I could actually hear a small leak during high boost). No chance for leaks. I also used the supplied nylon hose and have great response.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

I think the nylon hose is fine, and i haven't had any problems with kinking i think some people might just be paranoid about it. I guess it could kink? But then again, any hose could.

I used what came with teh guage- it's fast, accurate and reliable.

Originally posted by jedimaster
    I used what came with teh guage- it's fast, accurate and reliable.
    Again, ditto.

I'd also like to add that i'm very happy with my sport comps price, funtionality and everything about it.

What size T will I need?

i used a 1/4 by 1/4 by 1/4" T and used some vacuum hose to go down to the stock nylon, i just used some silicone sealant around the nylon and pushed it in the vacuum tube and fastened it with 2 zip ties.