swapping boost gauges
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on swapping boost gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have the factory boost gauge, but i wanna swap it out for a PSI one. would it work just ...

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...

swapping boost gauges

i have the factory boost gauge, but i wanna swap it out for a PSI one. would it work just to leave all the wiring and hosing where it is, and just switch the gauge itself? and how do i remove the stock? is it bolted down or what? i don't mind the location, but i hate that MPa noncense. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey thats exactly what I want to do, come guys give us a hand

I don't know what size the hose is to the stock boost gauge - but I think most other mechanical boost gauges could be made to work (possibly with an adapter to re-size the vacuum/boost source hose).
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by is2scooby
    I don't know what size the hose is to the stock boost gauge - but I think most other mechanical boost gauges could be made to work (possibly with an adapter to re-size the vacuum/boost source hose).
    Your most likely right, i don't see how they would use a hose so drastically different to not allow one to change, if worst comes to worst you could rig something up, like a hose to hose change. Very few gauges you can buy (that i know of) are as small as the factory gauge, you could use the wiring and the boost plumbing and just buy your own mount for it and be ok.

i know this is a stupid question, but the stock gauge is a mechanical one, right? only reason i ask is cause i seen electronic ones that look the same as the mech ones. what is the difference anyway?

a mechanical boost gauge has the boost line running all the way up to the gauge, where an electronic boost gauge has the boost line running to a sending unit in the engine bay, and a wire running from the sending unit to the boost gauge.
    mechanical boost gauges have a hose coming off the back, where electronic gauges only have 2 wires (on mine at least).
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

ah, i see. thanks bryan

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.