Little rattle in the passenger side? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Little rattle in the passenger side? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by VA Beach WRX MidKnight, do you have any specific tips on how you used your dynamat to ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by VA Beach WRX
    MidKnight, do you have any specific tips on how you used your dynamat to kill the passenger door rattle?
    Actually Spencer, I still have the rattle! I dynamatted my doors and it helped eliminate some other little sounds from the door, but that one rattle is still audible. You might want to consider laying a few strips of b-quiet on the door skin around the speaker grill area... I have a suspicion that the rattle is actually the door skin vibrating against the actual door....

As far as installing dynamat, it's pretty straight forward... make sure you have a roller, it makes the job cleaner and easier... good luck!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up i think I've solved it!!!

I took my door off and insalled b-quiet style dynamat yesterday...

it didn't stop the rattle...

So after some experimentation, I found the rattle was coming not from the door or speaker grill, but from the little white tabs that hold the door cover panel in place. (with the door panel off there was no rattle).

To solve this I wrapped the little white pegs' bases in the dynamat adhesive so that the couldn't move... rattle gone!

Only problem now is that I'm starting to hear rattles in other places... I feel that this may be a never ending quest...

you guys may want to find some way of preventing the tabs from vibrating (glue would prob. work). g/l

Spence

sweet, thanks for the hard work and tracking this thing down.

Even pushing on the door for me, or pulling doesn't rid of the rattle I have in my passenger side. And mine is LOUD, no little rattle, but unmistakeable at certain times. Guess it's time to open up the door panel.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

I Support ClubWRX
    Weird.... I did the same thing (see my previous post) and it did nothing...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I keep hearing that rattle when the bass hits, but then I turn down my music, it's still there. I know MY rattle -- it's the one described in my first post. If you didn't read that post in the link I gave, then do so, that might solve your problems!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    well, i decided to resurrect this dead post, and i have the rattle too, only from the passenger side, and only at certain bass frequencies with my aftermarket speakers. i dynamatted the area all around the speaker, but with no success. so i think i know what it is (or at least most of the problem). on the inside of the door panel, around the speaker grille area there's a piece of plastic that kinda lines the grille, it sticks out and i believe my boston is hitting it at one area, since my cone is starting to get "cut" on that one little piece of area as well. on wednesday i plan on dremmelling that little plastic piece away, and see if that cures my shakes, rattles, rolls. ill post when i get results.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

Look under your seat if you have the stock subwoofer- check that there's nothing on it- I had a piece of paper on mine, then a quarter stuck under it- this made a rattle, believe it or not.

I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but some people on other Suby boards were complaining about this same thing. The result was actually a small screw or some kind of clip lying in the bottom in the door that was left there during manucfaturing. It was also on the passenger side. I am not sure if this is the same thing you guys are experiencing.

Just my $.02

Jim

I got another rattle! I fixed the VIN plate rattle, now this new one is coming from the passenger side door. I'm positive.

I think it has something to do with the door handle/lock mechanism because that's the only thing behind the door basically.

-Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    well, i dremelled, put dynamat around speaker and on door clips, and i STILL got the rattle. it lessens if i pull on the door panel down by the pocket, not too hard, but a little pressure. so what i did now is roll up a black (so its incognito) little washrag and stuff it in the pocket. it works, but the rattle is still there albeit quieter still. this is driving me NUTS. i think i might have to have it taken care of professionally, or just deal with it. i HATE me some rattles
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.