Comprehensive install question.

This is a discussion on Comprehensive install question. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay, I know this is available in little bits and pieces scattered throughout, but I wanted to write down what ...

Comprehensive install question.

Okay, I know this is available in little bits and pieces scattered throughout, but I wanted to write down what I think I'll need to do in order to install 6.5 in the front along with tweeters and 5.25 in the back. Right now I am stock (except for HU), with no premium sound package.

In the front, I'll need to make a spacer (1/2 inch material) and create a rainshield behind it. I'll then need to splice into the speaker wire and run it to the tweeter, with maybe a bass blocker in series. I'll also have to construct a mount for the tweeter.

In the back I'll also have to make a rainshield, but possibly no special mount is required. I'll also have to dremel the inside of the door panel in order to fit it (it's a two-way w/ tweeter) in the door.

Am I missing anything? Do you think I need to add the bass blocker between the tweeter and the front speaker, or can I just crossover before the split, so both are crossed over at the same frequency?

Okay, sorry if I make anyone mad, but I have searched and searched, and I just wanted to make sure everything sounds right before I dig in.

Thanks to all,

---Jaco

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you get components, you will receive a crossover you will need to mount somewhere on the door.. I found a spot on the side of the door panel which I'm sure you will also notice towards the left bottom. If you get components then you wont need a bass blocker (compacitor) or anything. The tweeter will most likely mount up on the stock mounting bracket. My MB Quart did just fine when I tried it tonight... If you go with the 6 1/2 then you will need to make or buy a spacer bracket because the speaker will not fit flush into the door... I made some up tonight in wood which came out pretty decent but its too cold now to see if they fit good.. lol I will check tomorrow.