Turbo Timer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Turbo Timer within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Which brand of turbo timer would you guys get ... i like that new greddy one ......

Cool Turbo Timer

Which brand of turbo timer would you guys get ... i like that new greddy one ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The turbo timer was the first thing I installed in my new car. I purchased a Blitz w/ the turbo gage, alarms, bells, whistles, etc. The wiring harness was well worth the money, too. I purchased both pieces from Auto Salon for about $150 including shipping.

One of the main reasons I got the Blitz is that I can set the alarm and walk away feeling somewhat secure. I think I found the info on the scoobymods web site. Also, the manual timer goes to just under 10 minutes which is time enough to heat the car up on a cold morning while I'm inside finishing my coffee.

I am religious about cooling turbos as all of my diesel engines are turbocharged. I don't care what the Subaru people say, shutting down an engine with a hot turbo is asking for future problems, most of which would be oriented around my wallet! A couple minutes of idle time is very cheap insurance.

I Support ClubWRX
    I also use the Blitz Dual DC Turbo Timer since it comes with a built in digital boost. It is much easier watching plain numbers in front of your eyes then watching a dial go back and forth when it comes to watching a boost gauge.

It also has a function which displays your maximum boost which is a very useful feature when setting up a MBC. And if you buy the Blitz Harness with it, and snip a few wires, you can activate the alarm and the doors will lock behind you while the car is running. More info on the Blitz Turbo Timer installation is right here:

Blitz Dual TT DC purple wire?

Good luck with your decision.

Cool

thanks for the info, ill certainly look into the blitz turbo timer ... unless if i find myself broke then ill be sitting in my car for a min or two... heheh

Cool

does anyone have one of those greddy turbo timers? i think the ones im looking at are like new or something, about 70-80 bucks.
    [SLEEPER]
    [noun] A high performance street car with an inconspicuous, stock outward appearance.

I have a greedy TT. Im not using any of the special features or anything. I have it set to 90 seconds and it is mounted under the dash right above the steering wheel shaft goes through the firewall. Theres just enough room that I can disable it before I go to the dealer without having to uninstall it.

Most TTs are basically the same. All will let you arm the alarm if you know what 2 wires to cut.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

Cool

do you have any pictures of it in your car etc... if you do can you post them, thanks
    [SLEEPER]
    [noun] A high performance street car with an inconspicuous, stock outward appearance.

No pics really. The unit is completely hidden from view. I will try to get some pics tonight though. They will show you what it looks like looking up under the dash.

Cool

cool man, im looking forward to see them, heheh
    [SLEEPER]

Well, I cant get a real good pic without tearing my dash apart. Here is a pic looking straight up from the gas pedal. I mounted it under the dash because I want to keep my interior as stock looking as possible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tt1.jpg  
    Last edited by pityr; 03-13-2003 at 06:17 PM.

Cool

thats cool man, i like a nice clean look, thanks for going through all this trouble to show me.
    [SLEEPER]

NP, Another cool thing about where I mounted it is that there is a bolt right there that you can mount it to. No drilling or tape. installation is a bit tight but very doable.

Cool

thats cool, i forgot to ask where you got it and how much?
    [SLEEPER]

Cool

id like to here more from people with other brand of turbo timers and where they put it in their car, thats if they hide it or not... thanks
    [SLEEPER]

Originally posted by sexyrex
    thats cool, i forgot to ask where you got it and how much?
    I bought mine from a friend for $40. He bought the new greddy TT that is silver and blue for $100 at a local speed shop. These things shouldn't cost you more than $100. The harness is about $15.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast