Wagons and upgraded stereo....

This is a discussion on Wagons and upgraded stereo.... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I will be taking ownership of a new '03 WRX Wagon this weekend. My question is.... Does anyone have pix ...

Wagons and upgraded stereo....

I will be taking ownership of a new '03 WRX Wagon this weekend. My question is....

Does anyone have pix (or know where I can see some) of Wagon owners with sub(s) installed? I don't want to take up alot of room but I do want to get a better sub sound.

I'm looking at a pair of 10" something-or-others...

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do a search for "wagon and sub" here or on nasioc. For wagons, you'll mainly find 1 sub applications.

Yeah, I've about some of the options for wagons here at at NASIOC. most seem to opt for a box next to the rear wheel well.

the best would be the single sub unit that can be custom fitted above the spare wheel under the rear mat. Totally stealth and looks cool and still retains your spare.

Don't have the thread link, but shouldn't be too hard to find.

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

For two subs in the spare but no spare tire, check out www.subarusound.com

I built a custom subwoofer box with 3/4" medium density firbreboard. The box fits directly behind the rear seat and takes up the entire 60% portion of the 60/40 split rear seat. As such, I can still fold down the 40% portion of the seat. The rear surface of the box has a few velcro strips attached which grabs onto the carpet backing on the seat. I can also fold down the 60% seat portion and the sub will move with it. Or, I can easily un-attach the velcro and move the sub for instances when I need extra cargo space. This design saves the spare tire and the storage compartment underneath the floor panel. Note that the floor panel can be opened and closed and is not interfered with by the sub box. I have fitted the box with a single 10" Polk which sounds great. The sub and the 4 corner speakers are all powered by a single Alpine 5 channel amp which fits well under neath the passenger seat. I'f anyone is interested in this design, I have a full size blue print with all the meanurements and angles. Let me know and I can send it to you. Also, during my first attempt at this project I built a similar box which fits on the 40% portion of the rear seat. When I got done I realized that the box volume was too small to handle a 10" speaker. This box can accomodate a 6" sub. If anyone wants it I'll be glad to give it to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails subwoofer2.jpg  

man beautiful box man, nice work.. i was wondering if u can build one for the 10" kicker L7.. the squre subwoofer.. if u can, ever though about building and selling em? thanks
    Nothing happens until something moves

The box I built should be able to hold any 10 or 12 inch sub. I have a real job and thus don't need to build boxes for a living. By the way, this box took a lot of time to build because there are almost no right angles to it.

What about that infinity powered sub that would fit under the seat? It's a ten inch sub.
    '03 blaze yellow wagon-stock for now

Always interviewing for a Victoria's Secret fitting room attendant, but never getting hired.

I thought about buying the infinity powered sub. the sales consultant at Crutchfield was not to high on it. He convinced me that I would be better off building my own sub.

Originally posted by silverwagon
    I built a custom subwoofer box with 3/4" medium density firbreboard. The box fits directly behind the rear seat and takes up the entire 60% portion of the 60/40 split rear seat. As such, I can still fold down the 40% portion of the seat. The rear surface of the box has a few velcro strips attached which grabs onto the carpet backing on the seat. I can also fold down the 60% seat portion and the sub will move with it. Or, I can easily un-attach the velcro and move the sub for instances when I need extra cargo space. This design saves the spare tire and the storage compartment underneath the floor panel. Note that the floor panel can be opened and closed and is not interfered with by the sub box. I have fitted the box with a single 10" Polk which sounds great. I'f anyone is interested in this design, I have a full size blue print with all the meanurements and angles. Let me know and I can send it to you. Also, during my first attempt at this project I built a similar box which fits on the 40% portion of the rear seat. When I got done I realized that the box volume was too small to handle a 10" speaker. This box can accomodate a 6" sub. If anyone wants it I'll be glad to give it to you.
    Silver, I would like to get a look at those blueprints. PM me as to how to get in touch w/ you.

TIA
    Clavo
    What's the square root of 69 ?.........8 something