Freakin Gauges - Any Help?

This is a discussion on Freakin Gauges - Any Help? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I finally got sick of my mismatched white Greddy gauges and my black gauge cluster and ordered some reverse ...

Freakin Gauges - Any Help?

So I finally got sick of my mismatched white Greddy gauges and my black gauge cluster and ordered some reverse glo indiglos.

I also got sick of staring at them and decided to pay somebody to put them in. (It's too cold and snowy here to get motivated to do anything, especially since I don't have a garage).

They put them in fine, so it would seem, but for two issues.

issue: The spedometer needle doesn't work right anymore! It doesn't smoothly rise as speed rises, it skips around, and when I stop, it's usually still at 30-40 skippin back to zero, slowly. I can't trust it anymore- I just guide off the tach, which works fine. Has anybody else had this problem and how do I fix it?

Issue: The oil pressure idiot light keeps popping on at idle when the car is warm. Freaked me out at first, until I realized nothing was wrong. I don't know what the deal is, but it never happened before the gauge install, and it only happens at idle. If I blip the throttle it goes away, presumably because oil pressure goes up. Is my idle oil pressure low enuf with this 0W30 synthetic to trip the light? Why didn't it do it before the install? Am I just going to have to get an oil pressure gauge now?

Sigh. Any help guys? desperately needed. I'm a perfectionist, and this stuff bugs the hell outta me. Looks cool as hell at night though =)

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For an example of idiocy...