Premium Sound and Rattles
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Premium Sound and Rattles within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have the upgraded stereo. It isn't the best, but it isn't that bad either. I only have the bass ...

Premium Sound and Rattles

I have the upgraded stereo. It isn't the best, but it isn't that bad either. I only have the bass set at +2. On bass-heavy music or even talk radio, I get some rattles in the door panels and door frame near the seatbelt. My question is, would putting some dynamat around the speakers in the door help? Or would it be a waste of time?

How hard would this be to do? I know dynamat xtreme is already sticky. But how hard is it to take the door panel off and get at the speaker?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'm in the same oatas u. for me its only the rear passenger speaker. soon i'll be taking off the panel for the speaker. just go at it man.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Welcome to the speakerrattleclub.net!!! I will be taking out my stock speakers and putting in all MB Quarts and dynamatting everything I can. I cannot stand rattles and I am fixing them one by one. Just remember, when taking apart interior items, take you time and don't break any clips or tabs, you will just wind up with more rattles or paying a pretty penny for a tiny piece of plastic that will take 3 weeks to arrive at your dealer!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Thats part of the reason I asked. I don't know the proper way to take off the door panel. Help! Pics are good!

just look for screws and pull off slowly and if it's attached u can tell and just look for a screw around the area.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

My factory sub rattled ALOT, i jammed a piece of foam under it and it is fine now.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.