Auto Dimming Mirror / Compass HELP!!

This is a discussion on Auto Dimming Mirror / Compass HELP!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; okay, I have a bass maker in my trunk. I have taken care of all my Vibrations in my cabin ...

Auto Dimming Mirror / Compass HELP!!

okay, I have a bass maker in my trunk. I have taken care of all my Vibrations in my cabin EXCEPT THE MIRROR!!!!.
    I want to take it off tonight and somehow make it stop vibrating.
    IM stuck on how to take it off the window!! Does it pull right off? Does it slide off?? I can wiggle it around but scared I might break it by yanking it off wrong. has anyone upgraded to a auto dimming mirror? please help...

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lightbulb mirror removal

grab the mirror, twist 90 degrees and push to the front of the vehicle. There are to wire "rails" in the base attached to the window that grab a an oblong cylinder with a lip that sticks out of the mirror. you don't even need to take apart the compas part but i did searching for any fasteners before taking a breath and twisting. Things all snap fits pretty good DFM ; )

I'll make a sketch and post it in a bit if i don't get a life soon ..... hahaha

Thanks! BTW how is that custom uppipe going?

Thumbs down

Don't be stupid like me! Don't try to dynomat the inside of your auto dimming / compass mirror.!!

well... I just turned my auto mirror to a manual mirror

I tried to dynomat the circuit board to keep it from rattleing... After 10 mins of fiddleing, I said Fook It! Took out the Circuit board and super glued the mirror to the inside front surround, then glued the assembly back together... I thought it would be easy but it wasn't . I dont really care about the dimming part because I have full tint. But the compass was handy.

But no mo' Rattle: Bow Chica Bow wow (something like that)

Wow. That's some serious dedication to a silent cabin.
    2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

Dude, you have no Idea what one JL 10W7 can do! It was a necessary Mod to do. + Nothing get's between me and my Music!!