Omori-NA gone but you can still get gauges!

This is a discussion on Omori-NA gone but you can still get gauges! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just wanted to let everyone know that even though Omori-North America isn't shipping Omori gauges anymore you can still ...

Doc

Omori-NA gone but you can still get gauges!

I just wanted to let everyone know that even though Omori-North America isn't shipping Omori gauges anymore you can still get them.

I've been waiting for gauges from Omori-na for like 3 months now. Then I heard about all the vendors dropping Omori-na because they are going out of business (or atleast not doing business with Omori meter anymore).

Disgusted I called Omori Malayasia. They too could not get the WRX gauges.

Finally I emailed Omori Japan. They were very nice and courteous. They acted like it was no problem to get the gauges. So I ordered a 52MM EGT gauge and a P106 DIN panel. They told me they would have to manufacturer it because none were in stock.

3 days later I had an email with a tracking number. The best part was that they were considerably cheaper than Omori-na too!!

So if anyone needs Omori gauges just email cibrian@omorimeter.co.jp. Their web-site is at www.omorimeter.co.jp.
    Doc

2003 WRX Sedan
    PE1818F Turbo
    TurboXS Version II TMIC
    UTEC
    TurboXS catless up-pipe
    ScoobySport catless down-pipe
    ScoobySport catless mid-pipe
    Borla cat-back exhaust
    PE 650cc injectors
    Walbro GSS342 fuel pump
    Perrin Fuel Rail
    FJO Wideband O2 datalogger
    Omori 52mm EGT
    Omori 52mm Oil temp
    Omori 52mm Oil Pressue
    Rev-lite t-sport sequential shift light

No bling, I can't afford any...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

while they were at it, you shoulda had them pick up some other choice jdm parts on the way to ship it out

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Thanks for the info Doc. I wish there was a way for us to see the prices before we ordered.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

there is... the prices are listed with the info under the gauges. its in japanese yen though... just pull up a currency converter online and it'll convert it easily. i think i looked up something that was 15,500 yen and it translated into 130 US dollars.
    even though i'd love to have perfectly matching gauges in my car i wasnt thrilled enough with the prices (before shipping) to go ahead with it, but i guess with the scarcity of these gauges its worth it to some...
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Thanks for the advice Bryan, I didn't even notice the Yen at the bottom. Anyone know how shipping charges from Japan would be?
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Funny thing is, GruppeS still has them on their web page.

X

i would call Gruppe-S about that order... a lot of sites havent updated, but they cant get Omori gauges anymore....
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

So did you get these?
    '12 WRB Sedan

Originally posted by Honda_Fury
    Yep, ordered them that Wednesday 4/9, got them the following Wed 4/16. Theyre in the car as of last weekend and looking sweeeet. The housing came in this light gray color, ready to paint -- it looks good in matte black !

These are really nice gauges (peak/hold and warning features), the illumination is dead-on, the font is slightly different, but there's nothing else on the market that compares.

Hopefully Ill post some pictures soon.

Sounds good, I bet the warning features are great. FWIW I priced out Autometer Carbon Series: EGT, Oil PSI, and Boost, plus a pod for them. The total is around $525 all said and done, so the Omori price of $650 shipped isnt bad at all for a much better gauge.
    '12 WRB Sedan

Omori USA is new distirbure , has 2 dealers check j-spec and group-s. And my thread on recntlyacquired dual guage in this same forum.