a pillar woes
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on a pillar woes within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I ordered a dual 60 mm pod from Lotek and I have been wrestling to fit in my 60mm greddy ...

a pillar woes

I ordered a dual 60 mm pod from Lotek and I have been wrestling to fit in my 60mm greddy gauges for an hour.

Is the pod really supposed to fit in this tightly!? I even tried to open the holes a bit with some improvised hack saw action, but worked to no avail. Did anyone have this hard of a time fitting in their gauges into their pods like me?

any tips or tricks?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

maybe.. if they are not fitting at all...
    try dremeling out the diameter of the hole a bit?

or... contact the place you bought them from and go over your issues with them?

maybe they send you a 52mm pod instead??

good luck to ya
    Jamie

I've been wondering how 60mm gauges would look in the a pillar. I've seen 52mm but not 60mm. Post pics when you get the problems worked out. Good luck!

I think the Lotek pod has had a lot of fitment issues in the past, taht is why I decided to go with the slighly mroe expensive Autometer piece.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    I think the Lotek pod has had a lot of fitment issues in the past, taht is why I decided to go with the slighly mroe expensive Autometer piece.

-joe
    Ditto

I used autometers gauge pod simply because lotek's pod had fitment issues. It will look nice if you get those gauges in.
    - Jason

South East Region
    2002 Black and Bronze WRX

"hihihi" - R.I.P. Jonathan Braxton Hawkins -

my lotek 3 gauge A-pillar pod fit perfectly with autometer gauges.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

I don't know about the 60 mm. But i love my 52 mm dual pod from lotek. The gauge fit great and the quality was pretty good.
    autobahn storming scooby

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.