my system makes everything rattle!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my system makes everything rattle!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; okay.. I have that new W7 sub from JL. It sounds great but I cant turn it up all the ...

my system makes everything rattle!!

okay.. I have that new W7 sub from JL. It sounds great but I cant turn it up all the way because im having major Rattle/vibrations.

1) the mirror.. has anyone taken apart the rear mirror with the compass in it? it is most likely hollow and has a small A$$ circuit board that is vibrating like crazy... can it be fixed? or should I buy the stock rear mirror??

2) the carpet rear window dash... arrrghh!!! I used the dynomat trunk kit and went nuts! So I know its not the trunk.. when i press down on the rear dash the rattle / vibration goes away...

Has anyone taken the dash out? I have & limo tint on my back three windows... I dont think you will be able to notice it's gone..

please tell me what you have done to fix your cars vibration problems.. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's one of the casualties of big sound! Cars are just not designed to take the pressure waves coming off a big woofer(s) pushed with some serious wattage. Good luck trying to isolate the vibration.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

I hear ya on the rattles man, I have 2 12" rf subs but they stayed turned way down, I can not stand trunk rattle, as for the interior goes, not much rattle, just the peice you were talkin about a little bit. I have my xm antenna attached to it and that little extra weight took most of the rattle away.
    285whp, still pokey as hell, but It has a 6 speed so Its ok

where is your xm antenna installed?

And for the trunk... I have the trunk kit... outside the car the rattle is minimum. for me its the carpeted rear dash.. im gonna take that out tonight and see what happens... there are some 1/4" rods that goes from one side of the trunk to the other. Im gonna DUCK'em to see if they rattle...

I have seen some serious systems installed in our cars .. I have seen that whole rear dash filled with subs and tweets..

the box was made out of some type of ABS plastic.

Well, I removed the Carpeted piece that covers the back deck of the car. (Sedan). This piece just sits on top of metal that separates the trunk from the cabin. When I removed it, there were a few foam blocks that keep it from making noise. They were just wedged into place. My system was making that carpeted piece act like a Reed!

So then I went to my favorite sewing shop... opps did I say that?
    I went in there... (That's a totally different story, "Old ladies us")
    Picked up a thick cloth that matched the seats, did some minor cutting and used some Velcro.
    That OEM piece had alot of sound deading material. Now I have Three huge ports that are aimed at my rear window. For all you are audio guys out there, **Bass deflection is a beautiful thing. **
    The only thing I have to do now is Take apart my Rear mirror with the compass in it. Im getting Major Rattling from their now. Gonna have to take that apart and silicone the circuit board or something

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.