push button starter switch

This is a discussion on push button starter switch within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; does anyone know how to install a pushbutton starter switch? I want to put on in but don't want to ...

push button starter switch

does anyone know how to install a pushbutton starter switch? I want to put on in but don't want to spend 100 dollars for a kit. I'd just as soon make it myself.
    "Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m.at a speed of 35mph."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

All you need is a button and a wiring diagram. Connect the button as a switch on the ignition wire.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

exactly, does anyone know where i can find one?
    "Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m.at a speed of 35mph."

Courtesy of Ravensblade-Impreza.com.....

http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/m...ingdiagram.pdf
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

i have one installed in my car...its really simple..i have it mounted on the center console....basically what i did was just spliced into the ignition wires in the back of the ignition switch...on the back of the ignition switch there are like 8 wires with one wire in the middle...the wire in the middle is the hot 12v wire...when u turn they key it just connects those different wires to the 12v wire....all you have to do is figure out which wire is the one that goes to the starter..splice in the switch between the 12v and that wire and run that do the pushbutton starter....

Limehatless Avatar - I'm a trend scoffer.
    I want one of those S2000 style starter buttons. They're cool.

Vostok 7
    BUGEYE 4 LYFE! Or uh maybe not

RIP Team Intrinsic Viva la Project 1! http://www.prjct1.com/

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 4EAT Aspen White "Akane"
    Mod List, Picts

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Sedan Aspen White "Akane II"

I used to have one on my first car, but it was because the original ignition switch died and it was cheaper to do than fix it... Why would you want a button swtich if your ignition is still working?

PM with questions in the meantime, but I will be posting an official tutorial on how to wire these. It is so freakin' easy! DO NOT spend more than $10 on anything, I will show you how to do it for less than that.

i did my switch last night.
    it's so cool, i just used a 12v source to a relay/switch to connect to, i believe the black/yellow stripe wire. voila!

only spent about 8 bucks too!
    Last edited by 02WRX82; 01-23-2003 at 12:47 PM.

Col
    Don't do it.

I have both an S2000 and WRX and they are unique each in their own way. Copying is exactly that, just copying.

Originally posted by Col
    Don't do it.

I have both an S2000 and WRX and they are unique each in their own way. Copying is exactly that, just copying.

ricer , i think there cool buttons but it's just more buttons you have to push and mess up.
    autobots transform