Relocating the Boost Controller
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Relocating the Boost Controller within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im moving some things around in the interior so I need some advice. I have a MBC below my A/C ...

Relocating the Boost Controller

Im moving some things around in the interior so I need some advice. I have a MBC below my A/C vents, dont want it there anymore and im thinking about putting it where the Ash-trey sits. Anyone ever tryed that? its a Greddy MBC, I didnt install the one that came with the car so this is my first time working with a MBC. Also I have a Greddy turbo timer and Im thinking about getting rid of that too... I want a very clean simple look for the center console. Any input would be awesome

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Ditch all that stuff on to a noob

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 02_Rex View Post
    Im moving some things around in the interior so I need some advice. I have a MBC below my A/C vents, dont want it there anymore and im thinking about putting it where the Ash-trey sits. Anyone ever tryed that? its a Greddy MBC, I didnt install the one that came with the car so this is my first time working with a MBC. Also I have a Greddy turbo timer and Im thinking about getting rid of that too... I want a very clean simple look for the center console. Any input would be awesome
    Not that I agree or disagree with the MBC, but take a look at the link in my signature. I have the matching GReddy turbo timer and mounted it in the place you are talking about. Check it out.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

azWRX06, thats a sick setup. Now im thinking about just dumpin it all, I dont need or really want a MBC or a timer. The only reason there still on is Im to lazy to change everything, also dont want to damage anything. Im thinking about taking it to my scooby shop and have them remove it. But I am planing on doing a turbo upgrade and is it worth it to keep the MBC?

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually the purpose of the MBC is to limit the amount of boost. I personally, would remove it and get a good tune. That said I know a few guys, one being my neighbor, that run MBCs and are completely satisfied with the results. Even though the typical response from the WRX community is to remove it.

Oh and thanks for the compliment.

Add me to Facebook

I was just checking out your page on cardomain and was wondering where did you get the computer from Is it a subaru part or some sort of engine management?

I Support ClubWRX
    No it was a normal Dell PC. I just painted it, cut the vent in, and put the SSI decal on it for flavor. The interface I made from a similar one and some doctored logos. Thanks for checking out my page btw.

Add me to Facebook

That's cool but where did you get all the Subaru info. from

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll send you a PM so we aren't thread jacking.

Add me to Facebook

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.