One Touch Sun roof?

This is a discussion on One Touch Sun roof? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 2007 WRX Sedan. I would really like to have the sun roof be a one touch ...

One Touch Sun roof?

I just bought a 2007 WRX Sedan. I would really like to have the sun roof be a one touch to open, and to close. Has anybody looked into modding it to be a one touch for open and closing? I don't know if possibly some of the other Subaru models might be equipped as such, and might have compatible controls that I could put in, in place of the current controls. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats on the purchase

but i thought if you held down the button for like two seconds, it will be one touch.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

aren't most sunroofs anymore where one press will just pop it up a little then another to open it and you only have to hold it to close.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    congrats on the purchase

but i thought if you held down the button for like two seconds, it will be one touch.
    It's possible I am doing something wrong... I hope so, when I close it (it says this in the manual too) it stops like half way I have to release the button then press it again to have it close completely, a major pain

Quote Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
    It's possible I am doing something wrong... I hope so, when I close it (it says this in the manual too) it stops like half way I have to release the button then press it again to have it close completely, a major pain
    yeah mines the same way..thats just how they are
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    yeah mines the same way..thats just how they are
    I think I found a solution, you can get the viper add on (530T) and it will control the windows with the alarm system, and will also give the ability to have auto up/down one touch. I am probably going to try this option once I get the cash to get the whole alarm system. I'll let you all know how that work at that time.

all that for a sunroof?
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Sorry to dredge this up from the dead, but has anybody installed one of these? I found one for about 60 bucks and would love to have one-touch windows.