A Few audio questions..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on A Few audio questions.. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys.. I just got my new alpine CDA 9883 head unit installed and I absolutely love it! However, it ...

A Few audio questions..

Hey guys.. I just got my new alpine CDA 9883 head unit installed and I absolutely love it! However, it also makes me realize the crappiness of the stock speakers. Right now Im looking to get new front and rear speakers, and power the fronts off an amp and then eventually get a sub and another amp but thats for a later date. Im looking at the polk db-650's on crutchfield for the front and the db 525's or similar in the rear. I want to know what kind of issues I may come across as far as with installation.. Im looking at using this Bracket: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Smf9U7K...00&I=120817801
    For the front speakers and This Bracket:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Smf9U7K...00&I=264390056
    For the back speakers. (Sorry Im still not sure how to post a link )
    Im wondering if anyone has done anythign similar and if they had any issues getting it all to fit and their windoes to close. Also, Im lookin at a real cheap profile AP400 amp to power the 2 fronts.. its only 80 bucks so I figure I cant go wrong. Any ideas would be very helpful! Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Make your own

It is very easy. Just make a template from the the stock ones. I used 3/4" mdf. For the outside shape use the original shape of the stock peiece with the holes. for the inside cutout use the diameter provided by the speaker you bought. There's a tutoirial somwhere. It is cake town.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshh100 View Post
    Hey guys.. I just got my new alpine CDA 9883 head unit installed and I absolutely love it! However, it also makes me realize the crappiness of the stock speakers. Right now Im looking to get new front and rear speakers, and power the fronts off an amp and then eventually get a sub and another amp but thats for a later date. Im looking at the polk db-650's on crutchfield for the front and the db 525's or similar in the rear. I want to know what kind of issues I may come across as far as with installation.. Im looking at using this Bracket: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Smf9U7K...00&I=120817801
    For the front speakers and This Bracket:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Smf9U7K...00&I=264390056
    For the back speakers. (Sorry Im still not sure how to post a link )
    Im wondering if anyone has done anythign similar and if they had any issues getting it all to fit and their windoes to close. Also, Im lookin at a real cheap profile AP400 amp to power the 2 fronts.. its only 80 bucks so I figure I cant go wrong. Any ideas would be very helpful! Thank you!
    I ordered 4 1/2" for my back doors from crutchfield and got those adapter plates along with my order. They did not fit correctly in my '02. I ended up just using the stock ones.

hmm.. I did see that tutorial but Im not the greatest with the saw so I think Im just gonna buy them or my order may even come with them. Do you think I will have any issues with opening the windows with the 6.5" speakers or should the adapter make it fit fine?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.