Where to mount tweeter for component speakers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Where to mount tweeter for component speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So far I'm looking at the stock location for the tweeters in the doors, but does anyone have a better ...

Where to mount tweeter for component speakers

So far I'm looking at the stock location for the tweeters in the doors, but does anyone have a better idea where to put them for the best imaging? Kick panels are out of the question and so is the A-pillar (the A-pillar is too far from the woofer)

btw, the car is an 02 bugeye sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you have good tweeters, they will sound fine in their rightful place in the door. Is it optimal... no. But will it work, absolutely!
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

I work 4 a car audio shop & trust me good tweets w/ good amp the stock location is the best

I agree, when we installed mine we played with a few ideas and there is no other place to put them and we were able to adjust all the settings and they sound kick ass.

Yea, cant go wrong with the stock location

thanks for all the input, its getting installed tomorrow in the factory location.... [hopefully if the amp comes in today]

i'll let everyone know how it sounds

well how didi it sound???

lol forgot to update here.

it sounds VERY precise.
    rap music sounds like the rapper is shouting right in front of me
    hihats are very crisp and the snares are LOUD

any genre with instruments are really detailed i can actually pin-point where the sounds are coming from (hence the name front-stage)

now since im new to all this, i havent tried experimenting with different locations or anything but it gets really loud

the only thing i can say negative is that some songs when they have too much bass it rattles my doors, but others are very clean

Is it the whole door rattling or is it pieces of the door. If it is the whole door you can try getting new clips for the door and if that does not work, try taking some double sided and put it over the clip when you press them in.

the clips r a good idea, but 2 give u even better sound - use dynamat - it will stop the rattle & give u cleaner sound

it seems like it's just the part where the woofer is .... i was planning on eventually taking the door off and trying to pinpoint where the rattles come from... or just put some sound deadener around that part of the door.
    BTW the passenger side seems to rattle more than the driver side

then again it totally depends on the song...

yea I would definitely say use some dynamat or b-quiet (much cheaper and just as good) to try and get rid of the rattles. What type of components did you get and amp? Im looking to upgrade my sound system as well. Also, did you get components for the rear as well? Im just looking to get some 5.25" coaxials in the back and power them off the deck.

If it is down where the woofer is then the cone might be hitting the door panel. On my car we had to a die grinder and shave the door a little bit to make the cone not hit. We just had to trim off some of the ridges and you can not tell.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.