My new Alpine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My new Alpine within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got this installed, it doesnt do CDs, only iPod, but i rarely listen to CDs anyway because i always ...

My new Alpine

Just got this installed, it doesnt do CDs, only iPod, but i rarely listen to CDs anyway because i always have my iPod. This thing scrolls through songs fast, its easy to search and see because of the LCD screen. The menus work just like on a n iPod, and the jog wheel is nice too.

Cool little note, for STi owners who are worried about color, everything that lights up blue on the buttons turns red also. Us WRX owners cant get a match unless you change your gauges and stuff to blue or red.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Nice, I like the clock I have played like 3 CD's sense I installed my HU.

Nice - I've always only used Alpine headunits - good stuff. A few of their higher end units have burr brown DAC's, or at least did when I was playing with car audio. Is that a floppy disc I see in the pocket underneath the head unit?

I don't even use my cars stereo anymore unless I have someone in the car with me. I use my phone (Mogul) for Sirius/MP3 playback via my Motorola S9 stereo bluetooth headphones. Happiness is hitting play when I get up from my desk to leave work, and hitting stop when I take them off my head to plug into the charger at home.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

lol no thats not a floppy disk, the thing in the plastic is the face protector for when i take the face plate off. The paper thing behind that is a Sirius channel list. I need to get a Sirius tuner so i can hook it up to this unit. I bet it will look cool on that LCD screen too.

I also only have used Alpine in all my cars. I love their stuff.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

+1 on only usign Alpines. I have had about 4 or 5 of them. The one I have right now is probably 3 or 4 years old. It is the 9811. Since I got my Ipod I don't play cd's in my car anymore either, I took them all out a couple of months ago.
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

looks really good man i like it
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Thanks guys, it is really nice, but expensive, but working at best buy has some advantages
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

Get a good deal on it?!

Very nice, what model is that and how much (before employee discount LOL). I was looking at the Alpine 9883/9885 myself. Been debating between the two for a bit.

Oh and Micah, what headphones do you use? Im looking for a nice bluetooth set to go with my iphone.
    Last edited by LarenF3D5; 07-19-2007 at 10:55 AM.
    "You got a HOOD SCOOP?!" -Francis (A co-worker, on seeing my 02 WRX for the first time)

Thats so sexy I love the clock and date display.

Good song choice too
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

That's pretty slick. I don't know that I could go without CDS; I would miss all the skipping, changing while driving (dangerous, but I live on the edge) and most of all storage.

Quote Originally Posted by LarenF3D5 View Post
    Very nice, what model is that and how much (before employee discount LOL). I was looking at the Alpine 9883/9885 myself. Been debating between the two for a bit.

Oh and Micah, what headphones do you use? Im looking for a nice bluetooth set to go with my iphone.
    It is $399.99, i wouldn't get it without my discount lol, but i also had help from my bday i got some best buy gift cards.

Quote Originally Posted by nSj77h View Post
    Thats so sexy I love the clock and date display.

Good song choice too
    Saosin rocks
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    It is $399.99, i wouldn't get it without my discount lol, but i also had help from my bday i got some best buy gift cards.

Saosin rocks
    still very nice i want it. i only use ipod and siruis anyway.

I'd like it or something similar. I currently use CDs but if I had iPod capability that'd be all I use. Actually my plan is to get the unit and setup the single DIN forester compartment (for a slicker lock). Chop a hole in the back for the cord, and just stow my old iPod mini 4gb that I've replaced with my iPhone. Just keep a constant updatable music storage device in there, it'd be hella sweet.

I do want Sirius, but I dunno if I'd spend enough time "not" using my iPod to justify it.

Oh, and I've seen the deck on eBay for as little as $275. That's what I'm leaning towards myself.
    "You got a HOOD SCOOP?!" -Francis (A co-worker, on seeing my 02 WRX for the first time)

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LarenF3D5 View Post
    I'd like it or something similar. I currently use CDs but if I had iPod capability that'd be all I use. Actually my plan is to get the unit and setup the single DIN forester compartment (for a slicker lock). Chop a hole in the back for the cord, and just stow my old iPod mini 4gb that I've replaced with my iPhone. Just keep a constant updatable music storage device in there, it'd be hella sweet.

I do want Sirius, but I dunno if I'd spend enough time "not" using my iPod to justify it.

Oh, and I've seen the deck on eBay for as little as $275. That's what I'm leaning towards myself.
    um i never use my ipod now that i have sirius. and my ipod has 60gb of music.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast