My new Alpine - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My new Alpine within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had a Sirius tuner Sporster rewind in my Eclipse, but this car i want a more clean look. I ...

I had a Sirius tuner Sporster rewind in my Eclipse, but this car i want a more clean look. I defiantly plan on getting a Sirius tuner box to hook up to the deck so i can control it through that also.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    It is $399.99, i wouldn't get it without my discount lol, but i also had help from my bday i got some best buy gift cards.

Saosin rocks

Yea I saw them lats May, they were awsome .
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

I Support ClubWRX
    Is it quick enough going through your iPod menus? I've been looking at that EXACT model for my car. The only complaints I've heard were about the search speed.

Sound quality is typical Alpine excellent, I assume?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

That thing looks clean

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I use my phone (Mogul) for Sirius/MP3 playback via my Motorola S9 stereo bluetooth headphones. Happiness is hitting play when I get up from my desk to leave work, and hitting stop when I take them off my head to plug into the charger at home.
    Wow, I just noticed that Micah labels the headphones he uses in his post. I'd go edit my post and remove that question but I think it's been there too long. So instead I'll draw attention to it and feel like a goof.
    "You got a HOOD SCOOP?!" -Francis (A co-worker, on seeing my 02 WRX for the first time)

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Is it quick enough going through your iPod menus? I've been looking at that EXACT model for my car. The only complaints I've heard were about the search speed.

Sound quality is typical Alpine excellent, I assume?
    Definitely a boost over stock. The only problems i see with this deck, is scroll speed is a bit slow, the jog wheel should be a free spinning wheel and not a jog wheel.

Also there isnt as many sound options to tweak like the other Alpine decks, but the quality it puts out over stock is defiantly noticeable and much better. Overall i give the deck an 8/10 like i said my biggest complaint is the jog wheel, its kind of annoying, but i can live with it because of the LCD screen which makes navigation a breeze.

I have about a thousand artists on my iPod (not counting albums by each) and i can scroll from A to Z in seconds time.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    I have about a thousand artists on my iPod (not counting albums by each) and i can scroll from A to Z in seconds time.
    How many seconds? 5 seconds? 5000 seconds?

I need to reread the specs on that deck. Does it not have a very good equalizer? I do use that to optimize for the interior of my vehicle.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

its a night and day difference in sound quality when i switched to my alpine unit.

alpine rocks! thats a great head unit. That little LCD screen is awesome. Is there video intrgration? can you watch movies if you have a video ipod?
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    its a night and day difference in sound quality when i switched to my alpine unit.

alpine rocks! thats a great head unit. That little LCD screen is awesome. Is there video intrgration? can you watch movies if you have a video ipod?
    Nah i tried, not to big of a deal though, screen is to small to watch a movie on anyway
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

I Support ClubWRX
    Crutchfield's saying it has no EQ at all. Hmmmm....I do like to tailor my sound a bit.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Crutchfield's saying it has no EQ at all. Hmmmm....I do like to tailor my sound a bit.
    Agree, thats one feature i dont like. I wonder when they release the other version next year it will have EQ like this one should. It kind of annoys me which I almost went with the 9885, but the screen and controls on this one is just a better feature to me right now than extremely tweakable sound.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

I just got an 07 WRX like it looks like you have that new head unit installed in. I've got to say, after being used to the 6" x 8" speakers at all four corners in my 1997 F-150 the factory sound system in this car sounds literally worse than my $20 radio alarm clock. I realize there is probably another thread about speakers, but since we're on the topic. Are the factory speakers even capable of sounding better with a better head unit? Because I'm planning on getting some nice JBL speakers to replace them soon. 6 1/2" in the front 4" in the back?! What the heck was subaru thinking? I mean I love listening to the engine, don't get me wrong but I do like some high quality tunes every now and then

looks really nice and CLEAN

btw, which alpine head unit is that? (model number)

that thing looks nice.. I just put a CDA-9883 in my car.. doesnt have as much of a display as that one but I love it! Being able to control my ipod while Im driving is awesome! I just pulled out the glovebox and drilled a hole in the top of it so I could route the ipod cable off the back of the deck into the glovebox. No fugly cables running anywhere next thing on the list are some nice components and an amp. However, the aftermarket HU does make the stock speakers sound a ton better.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshh100 View Post
    that thing looks nice.. I just put a CDA-9883 in my car.. doesnt have as much of a display as that one but I love it! Being able to control my ipod while Im driving is awesome! I just pulled out the glovebox and drilled a hole in the top of it so I could route the ipod cable off the back of the deck into the glovebox. No fugly cables running anywhere next thing on the list are some nice components and an amp. However, the aftermarket HU does make the stock speakers sound a ton better.
    i got the 9885 and the ipod controls don't work at all, only quick search and changing from song to song works but i cannot control my ipod otherwise and it sucks ass

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.