Subaru WRX Forum banner

Blinker and Brights

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  JaredRS 
#1 ·
I am having a problem with my blinker. Every time I swich on the blinker it flashes the brights on and off. If I am gentile and don't swich it all the way over, it doesn't trip. I need to get this fixed before some crazy person thinks the cops a going to be after them. Plus the constant swiching on and off can't be good for what ever relay is kicking on and off. I don't have a boost gauge on the steering column or I would have looked at that. It just started happening.

#8 ·
This problem is making me unhappy:unhappy: It's going to get me pulled over.

It turns out the brights are not coming on. Instead the lights are just shuting on and off. Every time I use the blinker the lights turn off.
The daytime runing lights are left on. I am starting to wonder if somone had tryied to do a daytime runing light mod or fog light mod and messed it up.

#14 ·
you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY need a combonation switch..without a doubt..seen that prob many times...i believe on your car you can get just the turn signal side of it..if so thats all you need...dont bother wasting time trying anything else..you need one...replace it..its the only fix...your welcome :thumbup:

#21 ·
So this problem ended up fixing it self over the weekend further suporting the
idea:screwy:
My buddies camaro had the same problem. It did that for a while, then started working normally again, then it went completely dead to the point where u couldnt turn on the high beams, and when you tried, the headlights would go off and stay off.

I would say just replace it... better safe than sorry.. its really not fun driving down a dark road at night and suddenly having ure headlights go out when u try to turn on ure brights..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.