Can you change the color of the light on the stock turbo guage?

This is a discussion on Can you change the color of the light on the stock turbo guage? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The turbo gauge that comes as an add on and sits on your steering wheel... Can that be opened up ...

Can you change the color of the light on the stock turbo guage?

The turbo gauge that comes as an add on and sits on your steering wheel...

Can that be opened up and can you put a different light in there instead of that god awful plain light thats there. I want to put a red one to match the gauge cluster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When you take out the light from the gauge, there is a blue green bulb condom cover up the bulb. I try to change to red LED bulb to match my STI, but the LED bulb don't fit (the hole not deep enough). So I just use back the old light bulb without the bulb condom, the light comes out more bright and more orange that match the STI cluster a little more. If you want more red, people use one or even two red color condom to cover the bulb. but I don't like it is not bright enough !!!!
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

You can always change the guage. Albeit more expensive.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...uge-p-481.html
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.