boost gauges Q's again

This is a discussion on boost gauges Q's again within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok....I've read tons and tons of threads about boost gauge placement, boost gauge types, how easy boost gauge installs are, ...

boost gauges Q's again

Ok....I've read tons and tons of threads about boost gauge placement, boost gauge types, how easy boost gauge installs are, but i haven't found any instructions on a detailed how to.

Where can one like me obtain detailed step by step instructions in installing a boost gauge? A dealer handbook or does the boost gauge come with instructions? I ordered a 60mm greddy boost gauge if that helps.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

checked the thread

I checked this thread but it still doesn't have the detailed instructions that i want.

I know nothing about engines. Don't even know what it's talking about when it says connect tee fittings and etc...

Do the dealership sell mantainence manuals?

here is the actuall subaru manual for the install. https://ssl.autocenter.net/webparts/acatalog/page1.html

I did the install at 3 am in the dark in 20 mins its not that hard. And if you need more help, where are you in Texas. If your in Austin, Houston, or dallas all have frequent shop days, just go and get some help.

"I know nothing about engines. Don't even know what it's talking about when it says connect tee fittings and etc..."

P.S. If you goal for your wrx when finished is 600hp and 10 sec 1/4 miles(per your website) all on stock internals, then its about time you start learning about engines.[B]I know nothing about engines. Don't even know what it's talking about when it says connect tee fittings and etc...[QUOTE]"I know nothing about engines. Don't even know what it's talking about when it says connect tee fittings and etc..."
    Alex

I Support ClubWRX
    The Greddy is going to be a little bit different than the Subaru gauge because it's electronic - but not by much.

The link I posted above seems to be broken so here's a more direct link:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...dy+boost+gauge

There will be instructions on how to hook it up with the gauge.

Basically, it'll work like this: You'll have a little boost sensor. This you hookup to the positive side of the battery. Apparently it is small so it can just be attached to the battery post.

Then you'll need to get a vacuum line (also supplied) to the sensor. What you do is just cut the vacuum line attached to the Blow Off Valve (the round thing on the front of the intercooler) - the vacuum line is the black hose attached to the left (driver's left) of the BOV. You insert the little T fitting where you cut the line so that it connects the line back together. This will leave you with an intact hose and a little fitting sticking out. Then run the vacuum line from the T to the boost sensor. Then you just run the wire from the sensor into the cabin. You can either use the grommet high on the firewall to the driver's right of the brake master cylinder (easy to get to from the engine bay) or the grommet behind the clutch pedal (easy to get at from inside the car).

Then just follow the instructions about how to wire it.

That's the easy part - the hard part is figuring out where/how to mount the gauge. Check the "Interior" forum for info about that.

If you're still feeling completely lost, get some help.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Ah!!! Soo helpful.

Thanks.

I'll post when I'm done.

Where in Texas are you Howard?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I live in Hurst. Approximately 30 minutes around Dallas/Fort Worth.

Originally posted by Howard
    I live in Hurst. Approximately 30 minutes around Dallas/Fort Worth.
    I see. If you were in Houston you could have come to one of the shop days at Penguinking's place, and we would've all worked on it.

Let us know how the install goes. Good luck
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!