How To Disable DRL's On 07 WRX

This is a discussion on How To Disable DRL's On 07 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You would think it would be the same way as in the 06 being the same model and same headlights ...

How To Disable DRL's On 07 WRX

You would think it would be the same way as in the 06 being the same model and same headlights but i guess Subaru found out that everyone was installing HID's on their rides, so iguess they just wanted to make it a little more difficult to deactivate the DRL's. If you know what your doing it actually is real easy.

1. Remove glove department it has about 6-8 screws

2. You will see 2 big connection adapters a Black/Blue (black one is what youll be working on)

3. Disconnect the BLACK adapter youll see 5 wires but the only one you need to worry about is the CENTER one it is YELLOW with a RED line. Now theres 2 YELLOW with RED line wires but again just the middke one needs to be disconnected

4. You can do it the fast way and just cut that wire (middle one) and thats it your done,but if you ever want to reactivate your DRL's youll have some problems. So it takes a little longer and a bit frustrating to unplug the wire but trust me its the best way.

5. Once its disconnected then just put everything back in place and your done my friends!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How did you just disconnect that single wire?
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

DRL"S on 07 WRX

Its more like pulling out the wire SORRY!! you'll need some thin pliers. you have to take out the white adapter inside the black connector. it has little clips on the side that come out evenly. once its out just push the wire through and it will come right out!

Here is how I did it on My 07 WRX

Thats one way to do it but when you take it in for service they can see that easily and they might tell you something. but hey if it works easier then go for it!

only takes two seconds to plug back in also! hehe

yeah thats true hey whatever works better! i just remember reading post about the 06 wrx doing this but the DRL's would still turn on!

disable DRL'S on 2007 STI

Will this also work on the 2007 STI. I hate the DRL'S.

hey white_07_wrx thanks for the pics, worked no problem on my 07 wrx.

Red face

Still thinking 2 do it 2day or Dnt....huh

Is this the same on the base 2.5i?

hi there buddy can you send me the pictures of how to disable the drls for my wrx 07 please send it to my email
    reinhardq-hotmail
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zsimpreza View Post
    Is this the same on the base 2.5i?
    I have an 07 base 2.5i and I just cut the MIDDLE yellow wire with the red stripe, taped it off and no more DRL. All other lights work fine. If I ever need it hooked back up ill just solder the two wires back together again. Its the black relay behind the glove box. If your just going to cut it you dont even have to take the glove box off just look under. Takes 2 seconds.

ive got good idea from this post.. I learned how to disable DRL's On 07 WRX,,and maybe I can apply it to my bmw e39..
    Last edited by kurtdaniel; 06-08-2009 at 06:06 PM.