where to mount a receiver?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on where to mount a receiver? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got sony CDXMO70 cd/mp3/FM/AM receiver. where do you mount it, if you don't want to lose the 6 cd ...

where to mount a receiver?

I got sony CDXMO70 cd/mp3/FM/AM receiver.
    where do you mount it, if you don't want to lose the 6 cd changer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

why dont you just get a cd changer for your trunk then hook it up to the head unit? i mean i imagine you could use either or by splicing into the harness but i think i remember seeing some guy either bought somthing or had somthing made where he took out the clock and put a deck up there...

I put mine in the factory guage pod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8.jpg  

iv30: Can I ask where you got your lcd screen from?

that screen is sold on ebay all the time.
    - Vadim
    2003 Silver WRX 5spd.

I built mine out of some lcd parts, Like Vadim said you can buy them on Ebay for around $350 from a user here on the club Mattjk
    he mounts the screen on your supplied trim piece thats a good deal.

hmph... to mount the receiver where the clock is, do you need the stock gauge holding part? wat do you call that??

Also, I need to put my apex E-boost controller, and rev/speed meter. Any suggestions?

It's called the gauge pod. I got mine from Subie Gal for $54.

Great choice of HU iv30, alpine kicks @ss. Is that the 7977, 7893, 7995?

Its a 7995 I agree its a great HU I bought it for playing MP3's and XM radio, but mostly listen to XM.

Yeah, I have the 7977, basically your head unit 2 years older without the mp3 capabilities. It's my 3rd alpine, and when I get my rex (4-5 months) i'm getting the 7998. Even the base model cd HUs from Alpine sound awesome compared to most others.

What amp do you have on your interiors?

NM, I just checked your pics. That's a phat install, how does it sound? I'm probably getting a wagon just for the acoustic properties unless someone else proves to me that subs can sound halfway decent while getting good volume in the sedan version.

iv30: How was the install on everything? Do you have a five channel amp? I am going for a similar set-up. I am in the process of getting an lcd, I have the same Alpine 7995, a five channel amp, but I am concerned about how the install is going to go (rounting wires, mounting the amp. . .)

IVSTER - Where did you mount your dvd receiver? I'm planning to get an LCD but not sure if whether to go for a in-dash or do the ebay one. How do you like the LCD? Qaulity?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.