Gauges - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey i am new to the forum and also a new proud owner of a 02 wrx and i am ...

alewis814

Question help

hey i am new to the forum and also a new proud owner of a 02 wrx and i am looking to install a boost gauge and air fuel gauge, any does and donts when installing these and also any input on what brand and series to go with, also is the 02 wrx a wide band o2 sensor and if i were to get an air fuel ratio gauge and splice it into the stock o2 sensor would that cause a check engine light to come on or do any damage to the engine, if someone could get back to me on that that would be awesome, i am new to the highly computerized machine and need some help!
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i was reading the about splicing the o2 sensor in a thread somewhere on this site, just can't remember, but they were saying that is it not good at all to splice, the o2 sensor runs off of milliamps and the draw from the piggy backed sensor would affect the readings
    sure as hell ain't your grandma's wagon

alewis814

Unhappy what do i do

Quote Originally Posted by wagon_guy808 View Post
    i was reading the about splicing the o2 sensor in a thread somewhere on this site, just can't remember, but they were saying that is it not good at all to splice, the o2 sensor runs off of milliamps and the draw from the piggy backed sensor would affect the readings

yah i think i have heard that before too but does anyone know for sure and is there any way to get arround it, what would i have to do?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by alewis814 View Post
    yah i think i have heard that before too but does anyone know for sure and is there any way to get arround it, what would i have to do?

Splicing into O2 sensor = very bad.

Weld new bung into exhaust and put in 2nd O2 sensor.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

alewis814
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Splicing into O2 sensor = very bad.

Weld new bung into exhaust and put in 2nd O2 sensor.
    is that the only method? if so i think i am going to do without one for now.

06WRXforme,

Where excatly would you weld the new bung for the 02 sensor? Will this cause a check engine light?

Nitrod VPM-100G ???

It's amazing to me how no body has talked about Nitrod VPM-100G gauges here so far... (at least the search brought me NO results)
    I saw it randomly on youtube... does anybody know about them? are they good measuring devices? does anybody have it? if so, how do you like it?
    They seem pretty convenient... all digital and all in one piece...
    I still like the way the regular classic boost gauges look but the nitrods look more sophisticated!

included a link to the youtube clip:
    YouTube - My Nitrod Electronic Boost Gauge

Any info would be appreciated...
    Last edited by x-techno-x; 11-27-2008 at 12:15 PM.

No Response to the previous post?!! WTF guys! come on!

Quote Originally Posted by x-techno-x View Post
    No Response to the previous post?!! WTF guys! come on!
    You will likely get better results by opening a new thread about these gauges, because this thread isn't talking about gauge brands.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234