Gauge question

This is a discussion on Gauge question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm looking for a cheap but decent quality boost gauge. I came across this one: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...58#largerimage I was wondering are ...

Gauge question

I'm looking for a cheap but decent quality boost gauge. I came across this one:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...58#largerimage

I was wondering are these any good? And are there any quirks to installation like having a special box, or is it pretty much plug and play? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey Shard,
    welcome to the club. a lot of people on this site use the Autometer gauges because they get the job done and arent expensive. some people swear by them, and others say they arent any good. all in all, the majority of people are completely happy with them, so i'd say go for it.
    one thing you might want to look for is the boost/vacum gauge that maxes out at 20psi instead of the boost gauge solely. This way you can moniter when you are in vacuum as well as in boost. This gauge is most likely also available at summit racing, but if not it is available at many other places online.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

i've got the auto meter phantom white face boost gauge. LOVE IT. Autometer gauges are sweet and reasonably priced.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!