Autometer boost gauge
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Autometer boost gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am installing an autometer boost gauge and am working the wiring to make it light up. I don't really ...

Autometer boost gauge

I am installing an autometer boost gauge and am working the wiring to make it light up. I don't really care if it is lit during the day (read I'm too lazy to go through the hassle of finding the lighting harness) so I am thinking of using an accessory lead as long as it turns off when the car stops i'm fine. Here is my question I have a blitz turbo timer does anyone know which one is the 12 volt accessory. THX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is a wire behind your stereo in the wiring harness for your stereo that will dim your gauges when you dim your lights.

Here's directions

https://ssl.autocenter.net/webparts/acatalog/page6.html

Thank you for the link. Can someone give me a better description/ instructions on how to get that center panel off (my new problem)? Without removing the entire dashboard? I did that in another car and it is not fun. Also is the 2P connector a ground and 12 volt source or is it 2 "ports" for 2 devices? I have already grounded the gauge and just need the juice. I know that you guys are very knowledgable about these cars and I am definatly a noob so any help would be much appreciated...

much mahalo

Tim

I tapped the light for the cruise control button. Don't need to open up the center panel (it's hard to do without scratching, btw).

If you ever need to open up the center panel...take off the cup-holder first. Then it all starts making sense.

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.